Post by dacavalcante » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:02 pm

I've exhaustively tried to find an answer for this problem without luck:

I have many Different customer groups, with different discount price each.

Problem: when manually creating an order using admin backend, customer group selection is completely disregarded and only default group price is shown when products are added.
This is really annoying as this is something I need to do all the time.

Can anyone point to a possible solution for this ?

I use OC 2.2, fresh install.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:10 am

Post by straightlight » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:46 am

What is the exact OC version you are using and which order total module are you using?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by dacavalcante » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:59 pm

straightlight wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:46 am
What is the exact OC version you are using and which order total module are you using?
Version 2.2 and People's Code - Fee / Discount

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:10 am

Post by straightlight » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 pm

Since this enquiry is about an extension, contact the publisher of that order total, not an actual issue with Opencart.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by dacavalcante » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:03 pm

straightlight wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 pm
Since this enquiry is about an extension, contact the publisher of that order total, not an actual issue with Opencart.
I didn't made myself clear... It's not about an extension.

I set customer group discounts on the discount tab from the opencart product edit page.
When adding an order using admin interface, customer group price is not loaded. And the cart shows the default user group price although I selected a customer from a different user group rather than the deafult group.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:10 am

Post by straightlight » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:07 pm

The People's code - Fee Discount is not a feature that is part of the Opencart installation. If it is not about an extension, which order total from the Opencart's original installation are you using?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by dacavalcante » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:16 pm

straightlight wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:07 pm
The People's code - Fee Discount is not a feature that is part of the Opencart installation. If it is not about an extension, which order total from the Opencart's original installation are you using?
I have activated from the order total list :
-Coupon
-store credit
-reward points
-shipping
-sub total
-taxes
-total

I don't know if that's the info you're looking for....

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:10 am

Post by straightlight » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:26 pm

That is correct. The original extension totals do not provide any options for the customer groups which means the order that will reflect the total only relies on the current customer group.

In order to integrate customer groups with the totals, you'd either need to develop an extension or to download one from the marketplace.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by dacavalcante » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:30 pm

straightlight wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:26 pm
That is correct. The original extension totals do not provide any options for the customer groups which means the order that will reflect the total only relies on the current customer group.

In order to integrate customer groups with the totals, you'd either need to develop an extension or to download one from the marketplace.
On 1.5.6 this was by default.
Is this an issue from 2.2 or just a feature that was removed?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:10 am

Post by straightlight » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:35 pm

There were changes between those two versions since v1.5 does not use custom fields. The customer groups can be defined from the admin - > system - > settings but not to reflect prices on the total extensions. You would need an extension to do that.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by dacavalcante » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:54 pm

straightlight wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:35 pm
There were changes between those two versions since v1.5 does not use custom fields. The customer groups can be defined from the admin - > system - > settings but not to reflect prices on the total extensions. You would need an extension to do that.
Oh well, really no sense to "break" something that worked as it should. This almost makes me regret 2.2 really lame move.

Now I'll have to hire a developer for that then

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:10 am

Post by straightlight » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:58 pm

Or, you can also look at this already developed extension: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=27855

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests