Post by SXGuy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:21 am

Seems abit complicated. I'd be installing on local host.

Doesn't matter. I'm going to install a 1.5.6.4 oc with bootstrap and a few other additions. See how I get on. Thanks anyway

Post by marius-ciclistu » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:17 am

Hi. Sorry if I disturb, but I'm newbie in this forum. I just tested with 34 products added from front page featured module on 2.3.0.2 on a shared hosting. I clicked on checkout and the site did not crash. In your case the site crashed after you fill the details and finalize the order or before?
Also (I use cPanel) How can I find out my limit of DB queries?

Thank you.

Post by SXGuy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:24 am

You would need to ask your hosting provider. No one else can answer that question. My problem is with my Web host. And how many connections are allowed over an hour or minute.

So not everyone would have the same problem.

Post by marius-ciclistu » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:27 am

Ok. Thank you. But in the worst case scenario, the user would have to divide his order into more orders, yes? And last question: If you refresh the page the cart is empty or it remembers the products?

Post by SXGuy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:30 am

By default cart will remember orders. But if this error happens. It will display orders but you will get the error again when proceeding to checkout.

The error can happen at any time. Adding orders to cart or proceeding to checkout. It depends when the max questions limit is reached.

Post by marius-ciclistu » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:35 am

Thank you for the info:) At least the user will not loose the "big list" and could restart ordering from another browser for example (If I'm not mistaken). I'm releaved to know that. Have a nice evening.

Post by SXGuy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:40 am

Not quite. If you had the same issue as me. Then all customers will see the same error until the server resets or you manually reset permissions in cpanel if your host allows. Server reset time can be up to 2 hours.

You will lose customers. Just be glad you don't have the same problem.

What host do you use?

Post by marius-ciclistu » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:50 am

Aha, ok. Shared hosting on linux (I don't know if it is alowed to promote their name in this forum). Also I'm not an expert on hosting. I have a local company that I recomend to my clients and I'm satisfied with their services. I'll send you a PM with their name.

Post by SXGuy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:57 am

Thanx. Linux tends to be a bit better at numbers of queries from what I know. You may have got lucky

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:51 am

Well, then better get the latest v.1.5.6.5_rc, it's just an updated 1.5.6.4, but it
has a range of 1.5.6.4 misses fixed.
To be found here:
http://www.bigmax.ch/shop/index.php?rou ... ation_id=4
Good Luck!
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by artcore » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:43 pm

SXGuy wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:13 am
IP_CAM wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:56 am
I got curious too, and added 50 Products, by help of the Auto
ProductsGenerator Extension, and those 50 products generated
a 2182 line Log by use of my Version 1.5.6.5, just to mention this!
Ernie
I'm curious. Where can I get a copy of your version? I'm seriously considering reverting back.
Ernie is not adding 50 products to cart! We are comparing apples and pears here!
OpenCart database queries are likely similar between 1.5 ~ 3.0. Never seen differences in the way they are written for the past 5 years.

On the other hand, those 790 queries took less than 300ms on my server. And keep in mind other solutions like magenta, prestoshop, abandonedCart and ArasstedDevelopment are probably no better in this matter

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by SXGuy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:57 pm

artcore wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:43 pm
SXGuy wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:13 am
IP_CAM wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:56 am
I got curious too, and added 50 Products, by help of the Auto
ProductsGenerator Extension, and those 50 products generated
a 2182 line Log by use of my Version 1.5.6.5, just to mention this!
Ernie
I'm curious. Where can I get a copy of your version? I'm seriously considering reverting back.
Ernie is not adding 50 products to cart! We are comparing apples and pears here!
OpenCart database queries are likely similar between 1.5 ~ 3.0. Never seen differences in the way they are written for the past 5 years.

On the other hand, those 790 queries took less than 300ms on my server. And keep in mind other solutions like magenta, prestoshop, abandonedCart and ArasstedDevelopment are probably no better in this matter
Oh yes I see. I re read his statement. No he's not your correct.

However it's not the change in queries that's the issue for me, it's the change in handling queries. Is what I believe may be the issue. Prior to oc 2.2.x I believe cart queries where session based right? And after that became databases queries. I.e add an item to the cart and it's stored in session before being placed in customer table. Now from what I see every time a product gets added to the cart the cart table is called x number of times for 1 entry. That x number depends on the total products of the category. That's just 1 example. There are thousands more queries added to this one function that didn't exist prior to 2.2.x and I'm afraid that's what is eating up my max questions limit.

Post by artcore » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:44 pm

There's always (1.5+ at least when I first saw oc) been a cart table, or column in customer table and when adding to cart the options,specials,discounts,rewards,stock,recurring,min quantity,downloads,... are checked from the db - hence the, for example, redirect to product page if there's an required option.
See system>library>cart>cart.php getProducts()
But each click also goes through the whole framework checking which store, ssl, customer logged or not, you name it ;D

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by SXGuy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:48 pm

So what was this major change that everyone speaks about between 2.1.x and 2.2+? Because something has changed!

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:28 am

Well sorry, I seemengly misunderstud the Post. So, I tried again, and ordered
50 Products, some of them in multiple quantities, from the login, down to the
email order confirmation.
It added 13'767 Lines of code, as it can be seen in the ZIP File enclosed.
And the Order Confirmation Page also generated a few lines to it all, since it contains
some additional info and Images.
Therefore still much less than mentioned earlier ! :D
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland