Post by sketchi » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:43 pm

We have just noticed that customers using an Android 7 mobile are unable to complete a purchase because the email field fails in the checkout. The email address field does not validate, even though they fill in a correct email address. Same thing both when registering an account and checking out as a guest.

I suspect this is due to the input field being set to type="text" instad to type="email", because I've had that issue on other non-OpenCart sites recently. This also only happened on Android 7.

<input type="text" name="email" value="" placeholder="E-post:" id="input-payment-email" class="form-control">

I've tried changing type="text" to type="email" in guest.tpl and register.tpl in the theme, but then I get an error saying something along the lines of "Unexpected token" and "Undefined index: email in "../catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php on line 203" etc.

I'm not able to test things thoroughly as I don't have an Android phone myself, but perhaps someone else is willing to check this out to confirm this is really a bug in OpenCart and/or Android 7?

Using OpenCart 2.3.0.2 and default theme.

Post by thekrotek » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:28 pm

Android 7 is quite new and faulty. There's no problem in OpenCart forms at all and most likely problem's with Android 7. Ignore it for now and wait for new OS version.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member