Post by sales@sinvention.com » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:59 am

I am having issues with the REFRESH in the MODIFICATIONS area on a 2.3.0.2 site.

It seems that regardless of a new extension being installed or not, whenever I refresh modifications the site will then refer to and/or load the default old OC product.tpl file instead of the custom theme prodcut.tpl file and the only way I have discovered to get it back is to roll the entire site back.

I have many extensions installed and this has never been an issue until now and it seems I cannot install any extension without this happening after I refresh the modifications.

Any ideas as to why and also perhaps a fix for this?

Thanks for your headspace, I have searched in the OC forums without success.

---------------------------------------------------

“How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” -Winnie the Pooh
Check out my OC site - https://www.churchofsinvention.com

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:22 am

Well, just let me guess, you're talking about an 'old' product.tpl file, but
if this means, that you still have some Old OC version file crab in your Server
Shop Directories, then, it would not make much sense, even trying to assist.

But if the Modification Refresh redirects you the a Front Side Page, you probably
have some Error-404 Redirect Extension installed, wich get's active, because the
Refresh Routine was looking for something NOT existing.
That's all ! 8)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by sales@sinvention.com » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:18 am

Perhaps I did not make myself clear enough?

Mod refresh does not redirect to any incorrect page. It appears to work correctly.

The problem is, whether installing an extension or not, if you hit refresh in the modification admin page, the product page appearance and layout changes. Thus, I assume, some pointer is changing. The correct modified product.tpl file still exists, however it no longer is what displays after refreshing modifications. It then appears to be the basic generic product layout which you would see after a fresh install of OC is what then is displaying.

“How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” -Winnie the Pooh
Check out my OC site - https://www.churchofsinvention.com

Post by OSWorX » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:09 am

sales@sinvention.com wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:59 am
I have many extensions installed and this has never been an issue until now and it seems I cannot install any extension without this happening after I refresh the modifications.
What does that mean ' .. until now .. '?
Did it work before .. what?
And if, what did you that it works now not as it was before?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by deployed » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:04 am

I have faced the same problem. :-\

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:06 am

it then appears to be the basic generic product layout which you would see after a fresh install of OC is what then is displaying.
Well, but what OTHER Page did you expect, to be visible instead ? There is only one Product Page
in a Theme, and is usually still mostly looks the same as before, even if some Modification has
been added somewhere. So, better make clear, on what you're writing about. ???
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by xxvirusxx » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:25 pm

sales@sinvention.com wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:59 am
I am having issues with the REFRESH in the MODIFICATIONS area on a 2.3.0.2 site.

It seems that regardless of a new extension being installed or not, whenever I refresh modifications the site will then refer to and/or load the default old OC product.tpl file instead of the custom theme prodcut.tpl file and the only way I have discovered to get it back is to roll the entire site back.

Contact developer to fix compatibility with you custom theme, if extension is commercial.

And without error logs, nobody can help you.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România