Post by Sugum » Tue May 22, 2018 7:04 pm

hello, a seo studio has told me that I have 2 h1 on the web, how do I solve it?
my Version OC is 2.0.3.1
tks

Post by OSWorX » Tue May 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Sugum wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:04 pm
hello, a seo studio has told me that I have 2 h1 on the web, how do I solve it?
my Version OC is 2.0.3.1
tks
Great!
And I have 2 Hummer in the Garage.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by MrPhil » Tue May 22, 2018 9:58 pm

You have two (or more) <H1> tags on one page? That's not illegal in any way, but the SEO preference is to have only one (to show the most important section). You need to know which page it is on. I don't think that OC normally sets more than one on a page -- perhaps you installed an add-on or extension that provided a second one? Once you see it looking at the page source (Ctrl+U on many browsers), you may be able to figure out which PHP file is providing it, and edit that file to change it to <H2>.

Post by Sugum » Wed May 23, 2018 11:16 pm

thanks MrPhil, I'm not computer and the truth is that I find it difficult to find the problem of H1, I browse and find 2 h1 but then on FTP I can not find PHP where the error is.
Could you guide me? thank you very much

Post by theGeekyStuff » Thu May 24, 2018 7:00 pm

Most H tag issues can easily be spotted on the surface. I encourage you to share the URL in question. Someone can definitely help.

Post by MrPhil » Fri May 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Sugum wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:16 pm
I browse and find 2 h1 but then on FTP I can not find PHP where the error is.
Basically, you would look around each H1 to see what it's displaying, and see if there is some sort of "theme" to it that would suggest an extension you added. It might help if you can compare your store to a "stock" (vanilla) OC store, to see what's different. If you can't find it that way, you should have a copy of your store on your PC for backup purposes. Search for H1 (or h1, if that's the case it's in) using a tool such as findstr (on Windows) or grep (on Linux). Figure out which ones are on the page in question, and change the less important one to H2 or H3.

If you can't do this, you'll need to hire someone to do it for you. Post in the commercial requests section.