Post by radu88bc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:13 pm

Hey guys,

I'm looking to see if there's a way to send an automated email to a username once I register it manually in the backend. Work flow would be like this:
1 - I create a new username
2 - I add the user's info (name, email, password)
3 - User gets an email from the system with a template that includes a message, the login URL, the username and the password.

Is there any easy way of doing this? Preferably with a module?

Opencart 2.3.0.2

Thank you,
Radu

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:22 am

If in the back end, you mean from Opencart Admin, this should be no different than creating a username in PHPMyAdmin for instance. The only difference is that in PHPMyAdmin, it won't be synchronized with email notifications unless creating a cron task on your server to track in a new username field that confirms to send an automated email. Otherwise, if from the Opencart Admin, the email should already be sent upon account creation (also depending on the OC version).

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by radu88bc » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:26 pm

Hi straightlight,

Appreciate your reply. Yes, by backend I mean Opencart dashboard. At the moment, if I manually create a new username, no email is being sent to the user that has been added - am I missing something?

Thank you very much,
Radu

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:11 pm

am I missing something?
Yes. In OC v3.x releases, you could create a new Event as a module in order to notify the new customer upon account creation via email.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by radu88bc » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:54 pm

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, we're on 2.3.0.2 - is there a way to get this done? Maybe even with an extension (free or paid)? Tried looking one up but can't find it really.

Thank you!