Post by gerstnerusa » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:59 am

I am running Opencart 2.3.0.2
Default Theme
GoDaddy Hosting

The cPanel is showing that around 2AM this morning, the Entry Processes started spiking and now my website keeps maxing out the Entry Processes, causing it to show a 508 Resource Limit is Reached.

I was able to set my Opencart to Maintenance Mode, but it continues to build and max out again. (Screen Shot of cPanel stats from Today below).

If GoDaddy turns off my Site Index (so it can't be seen on the web) the Entry Processes go to Zero. Once they turn on my Index, Entry Processes start rising, till they max out at 100 (even with Maintenance Mode On).

Any suggestions on where to look for problems (besides switching host), my site has been up and running for many years without problems.

Attachments

screen-shot-01.jpg

screen-shot-01.jpg (225.22 KiB) Viewed 893 times

Post by rjcalifornia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:00 pm

gerstnerusa wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:59 am
I am running Opencart 2.3.0.2
Default Theme
GoDaddy Hosting

The cPanel is showing that around 2AM this morning, the Entry Processes started spiking and now my website keeps maxing out the Entry Processes, causing it to show a 508 Resource Limit is Reached.

I was able to set my Opencart to Maintenance Mode, but it continues to build and max out again. (Screen Shot of cPanel stats from Today below).

If GoDaddy turns off my Site Index (so it can't be seen on the web) the Entry Processes go to Zero. Once they turn on my Index, Entry Processes start rising, till they max out at 100 (even with Maintenance Mode On).

Any suggestions on where to look for problems (besides switching host), my site has been up and running for many years without problems.
How do you know it happened at 2 AM? Do you keep a visitor's log? Can you check the error log?

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by gerstnerusa » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:25 pm

You can see from the screenshot (image attached in first post), which is for Thursday, that the entry processes spiked at 2 am and have been maxing out ever since.

Post by gerstnerusa » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Haven't found the problem, but GoDaddy added a firewall to my service, which seems to have slowed the entry processes from being maxed out. Website is back online.