Post by myt » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:37 pm

Hello,

Recently every couple of days my website will go down with an error about the database table 'oc_customer_online' being marked crashed needing to be repaired. I am able to repair it through phpmyadmin, however this is a recurring problem. Everything I see online says that it is probably because of a lack of disk space, however the partition the database is on is only 68% full on my server. I also do not see anything related to it in the opencart error logs.

Can someone give some advice as to what is causing this issue, or how to further investigate? I am using opencart version 2.3.0.2.

myt

Post by OSWorX » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Guess you need a better hosting plan.
Assume that it is related with that - and not OpenCart.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by myt » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:29 am

I do not believe its an issue with my hosting plan. I've been with the same host for years, and this problem just recently started. It fails inserting/updating a date and time value into the oc_customer_online table, according to the error that pops up. I don't have the exact error in front of me to post since I repaired the table before I posted this, but if it comes up again (which most likely it will) I will make sure to update this thread.

myt

Post by Johnathan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:36 am

Have you tried turning that feature off? It's in System > Settings, in the "Option" tab. It's called "Customers Online". If you turn it off in there, it shouldn't record the info to the database, which may help prevent your problem.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by OSWorX » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:13 pm

myt wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:29 am
I do not believe its an issue with my hosting plan. I've been with the same host for years, and this problem just recently started. It fails inserting/updating a date and time value into the oc_customer_online table, according to the error that pops up. I don't have the exact error in front of me to post since I repaired the table before I posted this, but if it comes up again (which most likely it will) I will make sure to update this thread.
I do not believe that its an issue with my car.
I fueled up it 6 months ago, drove only 800 kilometers .. but now it is not moved forward anymore.
It suddenly stopped!
I do not believe thats its an issue with my car.

You believe, but you don't know.
You database/table crashes is all you know.
Turn off the logging of the customers online as Johnathan suggested, would be the best solution for you - as long as you do not know why your SQL-Server crashes!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria