Post by ajemptage1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi there,
I have some products in our store that the front-end user should not be able to see/add, but occasionally we would need to add when placing an order admin-side.
Of course, we could simply enable the product, place the order, then disable it again, but I'd like to find a way to simply allow them to be added while disabled, but only on the admin side.

I found a post relating to older versions here - viewtopic.php?t=162455, but I tried variations of this in our store with no success.

Can anyone help me do this for 2.3.0.2?

Post by OSWorX » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:04 am

A much simplier way to get this result: https://osworx.net/Admin-Extensions/Auf ... g-Admin-23
Adda 4 new fields to order new and order edit, all are optional.

Disabled products - exactly what you are asking for - are callable via the standard product name field, no need to enable and disable again.
Customer will never see these disabled products.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by thekrotek » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:04 pm

ajemptage1 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:05 pm
I found a post relating to older versions here - viewtopic.php?t=162455, but I tried variations of this in our store with no success.
That's because you don't understand what you're doing and simply blindly try to apply the solution. The point of that solution is to change the database query correspondingly, which can easily be done in any OC version, providing that you have some skills. If you don't have any skills, then ask for commercial support.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by xxvirusxx » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:51 am

I think he understood....but after code replace you got an error when try to add a disabled product

Allert message

Code: Select all

Product can not be bought from the store you have choosen!
Part of code

Code: Select all

$json['error']['store'] = $this->language->get('error_store');
And it is possible to be another code (not checked) who don`t allow to add the product with disabled status.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by ajemptage1 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:37 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:04 am
A much simplier way to get this result: https://osworx.net/Admin-Extensions/Auf ... g-Admin-23

Disabled products - exactly what you are asking for - are callable via the standard product name field, no need to enable and disable again.
Thank you for sharing!
Do you have an admin demo for that extension I can checkout?

Post by OSWorX » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:16 pm

ajemptage1 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:37 pm
OSWorX wrote:

Thank you for sharing!
No, sorry.
Not yet - that is why I published the images which showing all options (setting up one demoshop only for this small mod is a bit over sophisticated).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by ajemptage1 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:30 am

OSWorX wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:16 pm
ajemptage1 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:37 pm
OSWorX wrote:

Thank you for sharing!
No, sorry.
Not yet - that is why I published the images which showing all options (setting up one demoshop only for this small mod is a bit over sophisticated).
Hi again,
That makes sense.
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I believe this extension does not allow selecting of disabled products, but rather allows me to enter a custom product name and price etc, is that correct? Or does it actually allow the admin user to add an existing disabled product to the cart?

Post by OSWorX » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:47 am

ajemptage1 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:30 am
Hi again,
That makes sense.
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I believe this extension does not allow selecting of disabled products, but rather allows me to enter a custom product name and price etc, is that correct? Or does it actually allow the admin user to add an existing disabled product to the cart?
As written: it allow you to select disabled products to add to the cart - why should I say something else??
I am (and some of my customers) are using this little mod to do exactly what you need and want.
But as benefit (!!) to that, you have the possibility to add some text to the - disabled - product, as well as to override the price and order date.
This is for example as I use it: have few disabled products and whenever I need one, I select the product and add the text which I need for this case.
And the price also.

Better than creating always a new single product and disabling it very quickly afterwards to hide it from the public.

And there is no risk for you: buy it and you will see, it it does not want I promised, you will get back your money.
Published here an now.
What else and more do you want?

So, enough spoken about that few lines.

Guru Member

Location - Austria