Post by Reelgames » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:34 pm

Hi everyone. I am looking at a way for my customers to be able add a cost to their check out cart. I know this is a strange one but I have items that need to have custom freight charge added to the cart prior to completing the purchase process. For example, I might have a customer buy a box of widgets and need to have that shipped to SomeTown. I need to be able to tell them that freight to SomeTown will be $xx.xx and have them add that to their order when they complete the checkout process. I was thinking an ideal way would be to have them enter a coupon code that will add X amount instead of discounting it. Anyone have any ideas?

Post by thekrotek » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:21 pm

You can use City based shipping for this purposes or any other "based" type of shipping, if you need. This way the shipping cost will be added automatically.

You can use my All-in-One Shipping extension for this. It's very user friendly, everything can be added via UI, no complex calculation formulas. If you have more questions about its functionality, simply drop me an email.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com