Post by Spitfire32 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Hi, I have been searching for this for a while and can't find the answer, so hoping someone here can point me in the right direction, I am working on an Opencart website on Version 2.0.3.1, and I would like to add an option to the "how did you hear about us?" dropdown box, on the checkout page in the personal info section, I didn't design this site so not sure where to look. I have checked extensions but can't find anything.

Thank you in advance

Laura

Post by thekrotek » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:29 pm

You need to find a checkout extension, which has an option to add custom fields on checkout.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Spitfire32 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:59 am

thekrotek wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:29 pm
You need to find a checkout extension, which has an option to add custom fields on checkout.
Thank you, sorry meant to say that there is already a drop down with several options, I just wanted to add another one to the list, not create a new list. I have added a screenshot of the page with the dropdown.

Thanks

Laura

Attachments

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 12.17.41.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 12.17.41.png (68.72 KiB) Viewed 852 times

Post by straightlight » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:24 am

Looks like a Bootstrap request. See this example: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/293 ... s-selected

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:29 am

Spitfire32 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:59 am
Thank you, sorry meant to say that there is already a drop down with several options, I just wanted to add another one to the list, not create a new list. I have added a screenshot of the page with the dropdown.
That's exactly what I said: you need a custom extension, which allows you to add fields to checkout page. Or you can add it yourself, if you know some coding.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:36 pm

It could be a normal OpenCart custom field, in which case you can change it in Sales > Customers > Custom Fields. You should be able to add/remove options in there.

If there's nothing in there, then it would be a custom extension as others have indicated, in which case you should look in Extensions > Modules and Extensions > Modifications to see if you can find anything there. If you can't find anything you may need to hire someone to look into your installation and figure out if it's hard-coded, and how to change it if so. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Spitfire32 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:53 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:36 pm
It could be a normal OpenCart custom field, in which case you can change it in Sales > Customers > Custom Fields. You should be able to add/remove options in there.

If there's nothing in there, then it would be a custom extension as others have indicated, in which case you should look in Extensions > Modules and Extensions > Modifications to see if you can find anything there. If you can't find anything you may need to hire someone to look into your installation and figure out if it's hard-coded, and how to change it if so. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.
Thank you so much you are genius ;D it was in the Sales > Customers > Custom Fields section.

Post by Johnathan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:59 pm

👍

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator