Post by devtester478 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:04 pm

I have some of my theme files inside system > storage > modification > catalog folder. Earlier these files got updated automatically and to fix this issue I copied same files inside root_folder > catalog > controller folder with same folder location as of modification. I did some customization in cart.php file of system > library > cart. Few days ago this file got automatically updated and my customized code got updated.

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this issue? Where to place the copy of this file inside root_folder > catalog > controller so that if there is cache cleared then the files won't get updated?

Thanks

Post by kestas » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:25 pm

Use VQMOD or OCMOD

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. Just PM me... Extensions you can find here and here

Post by devtester478 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:26 pm

It seems difficult to keep my customization using VQMOD as i have customized getProducts() of cart.php and many other functions too. Is there a way that i can replace the whole file with my file whenever an update will run?

Post by kestas » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:26 pm

So you can modify core files. But there can cause the problem if you have installed some another modules using vqmod or ocmod, which are using this files.

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. Just PM me... Extensions you can find here and here