Post by zzzzzz2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:44 pm

All

I am so stupid … I thought i was reasonably technical and could work it out but i am really struggling...

i am using opencart 2.1.0.2

can anyone provide me with how to layout a home page ... how do layouts function and where on the site settings you refer to layouts... and are menus setup on layouts or elsewhere???

or a good simple book would help...

thank you for any help

george

Post by DanSmith_90 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:45 pm

hi,

I can surely help you out. Can you please add me on Skype: cisin (dot) daniel so that we can have further discussion.

Thanks, Daniel

Post by cyclops12 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:27 pm

This may help

Post by zzzzzz2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:35 am

Daniel... thanks but its difficult to work wih skype... i prefer reference points i can come back to

cyclops the video was fine but seemed a little limited it explained how to do layouts but not why and where they are used...

one of the most frustrating parts is u cannot look at each page in front site and identify exactly which layout is being used

for example... i have installed a core 2x site, installed a templatemonster theme, and restored a database content from another site built for me... http://mybutcher.shop/d ....
how do i know which template the store starts with and where the navigation there is builot??
hope someone can help or advise

thanks

george