Post by skip » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:28 pm

Hi, how hard is join checkout steps 4 and 5 in one panel? I mean remove continue button from step 4 and join this 2 step together. for version 2.x or 3.x wothever
Is there some module for this purpose allready
Thanks

Post by Johnathan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:13 am

I don't know of something that can join the two steps together, but if you only have a single shipping and/or payment method, Hide Checkout Steps can hide the steps and process them in the background. It's useful for reducing the number of steps in the checkout, without having to use a custom checkout mod (which can sometimes cause issues if you have other extensions installed).

If that won't suffice for you, you might consider just getting a one-page checkout. There are lots of them out there, and it should help streamline your checkout if that's what you're looking to do. I don't have one to specifically recommend since I don't use one myself, but this is one that I know is decent:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=7382

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by skip » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:52 am

Thank You Johnathan, it is good idea for hide only step where no selection is needed, I wass hide myself one of this step and now works great.
However Im still trying to remove step 3 delivery details and wonder does it posible to remove step 3 only on checkout registration but not for returning customers ? I realize that all steps got division panel-heading that show on both, registration and returning customers pages. I wass try hide code on this way and no idea how to split it for registration and returning customers

Code: Select all

<operation>
			<search position="replace" index="4"> <![CDATA[
				 <div class="panel-heading">
			]]></search>
			<add><![CDATA[
				<div class="panel-heading"  style="display: none">
			]]></add>
		</operation>
Also with javascript changes step 3 button is override only for registration sucesfully,

Code: Select all

<operation>
			<search position="replace" index="2"> <![CDATA[
				 $('a[href=\'#collapse-shipping-address\']').trigger('click');
			]]></search>
			<add><![CDATA[				 
				 $('#button-shipping-address').trigger('click');
			]]></add>
		</operation>