Post by RideTheWave » Fri May 25, 2018 10:06 am

In the admin, when I go to Sales -> Orders or when I click to view an actual order, I am sometimes getting a popup with the error message:
500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@mywebsite.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
This only started happening recently (never saw it happen for a year since the site was created). It's happening with all browsers but it doesn't happen every single time (only sometimes). So far I'm just noticing it happening in Sales -> Orders. I'm hoping this is not occurring on any of the customer's front end pages. Does anyone have any idea why this is occurring or how I can correct it?

Post by Qphoria » Fri May 25, 2018 10:11 am

Add the following to your admin/index.php, right after the <?php

Code: Select all

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
Next time you see the error, it should have a little more information

Administrator

Post by RideTheWave » Fri May 25, 2018 3:14 pm

Thanks for that. I added the code and this is the more detailed error message that shows up:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<!--[if IE 7]> <html lang="en" class="ie7 responsive no-rtl" > <![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 8]> <html lang="en" class="ie8 responsive no-rtl" > <![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 9]> <html lang="en" class="ie9 responsive no-rtl" > <![endif]-->
<!--[if !IE]> <!--> <html lang="en" class="responsive no-rtl" > <!--<![endif]-->
<head>
     <title>The page you requested cannot be found!</title>
     <base href="https://www.mywebsite.com/" />

<!-- Meta -->
     <meta charset="utf-8">
     <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />
          <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

<link href="https://www.mywebsite.com/image/catalog/cart.png" rel="icon" />

<link href="//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Shadows + Into + light" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
     <link href="//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open + Sans:300italic,400italic,600italic,700italic,800italic,400,700,600,300,800" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
     <link href="//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Oswald:300italic,400italic,600italic,700italic,800italic,400,700,600,300,800" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

<!-- Google Fonts -->
     <link href="//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Ubuntu:800,700,600,500,400,300" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/porto/css/bootstrap.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/porto/css/animate.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/porto/css/stylesheet.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/porto/css/menu.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/porto/css/owl.carousel.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/porto/css/font-icons.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/porto/css/filter_product.css" />
<style type="text/css">

body {
          font-size: 14px;
Since nothing on our site was changed on our end and I see Google Fonts in there, do you think the problem is that Google changed something on their end with regard to their fonts? If Google did change something to access their fonts, I'm wondering why this is only happening sometimes and not other times?

Post by synapseindia » Fri May 25, 2018 7:11 pm

What is the error you are getting in details.
Kindly check your server error logs . It may help to fix the same.
I think some of the configuration related to PHP setting is not setup properly . Try increasing memory size in your php.ini file.
Thanks

Post by thekrotek » Fri May 25, 2018 7:37 pm

If you don't have enough skills, you won't be able to solve this by yourself, just waste time. I'd recommend to ask for commercial support, since the root of the issue can be literally anywhere.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by RideTheWave » Fri May 25, 2018 7:43 pm

After following Qphoria's tip to show all the detailed errors, what I just posted above is the exact error that pops up in a window. If a setting in my php.ini file was not correct, wouldn't I receive the error message every single time? In my case, I am only getting the error message sometimes. And it only started happening recently.

Anyway, this is what I tried: I have two DNS resolver IP addresses and a tertiary Google Public DNS -> 8.8.8.8. I replaced one of my DNS addresses with Google's other Public DNS -> 8.8.4.4. So I have three DNS resolver addresses: one of my own addresses, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I've seen some people recommend only using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I'll see if that does anything. It could explain why the error only shows up sometimes and not at other times (maybe one of the DNS resolving addresses is unreliable)...

Post by RideTheWave » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:40 am

To update this thread, I believe I found out what was causing the problem. The errors did continue on a random basis despite my last post and suddenly the entire site (both front end and backend) got the error message which stopped the entire site:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 68 bytes) in /home/mysite/public_html/vqmod/vqmod.php on line 168
I started a thread about that issue here: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=205039&p=726574

To make a long story short, the problem seemed to have been caused by a duplicate line that was being created in the vqmod/checked.cache file which kept getting duplicated after each page load. That line was:

/home/mysite/vendor/autoload.php
So after a year, this file just got larger and larger because of that one line that kept being duplicated. Eventually the file got too large, exceeding the memory limit and giving the fatal memory size error. This is discussed in more detail here: https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod/issues/94 and they recommend a few fixes. What I ended up doing was commenting out lines 89-91 in the system/startup.php file:

if (is_file(DIR_SYSTEM . '../../vendor/autoload.php')) {
	require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . '../../vendor/autoload.php');
}
I'm not 100% sure but I have a strong feeling that the large size of the checked.cache file was the cause of the 500 Internal Server Error when viewing an order or trying to add comments to an order. Because after doing the above fix (and deleting the existing checked.cache file), the errors stopped (and the site became quicker). And also, the comments appended to the order are displaying instantly -> before the fix, the comments took a while to load, well after the order page loaded. The 500 Internal Server Errors only occurred after the comments failed to load.

So there are no more of that duplicate line being created in the checked.cache file and I hope this solved the issue. I will probably still delete that file on a regular basis just to be safe and to keep the site's performance as optimal as possible.

Post by platinumdeals » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:52 am

I'm experiencing a similar issue. "HTTP ERROR 500" shows when viewing random orders. the error does not show with all orders and no erros displayed in error.log even though the setting is turned on in the admin panel.

I'm also experiencing an issue where: When a user is onthe checkout page, clicks to login but after loginning in, nothing happens.

Any suggesstions?

Post by thekrotek » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:25 am

Check your main server log. Should be somewhere outside of your public_html folder.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member