Post by scottyboyyy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:24 am

Hey,

Just wondering how complicated it is to change url from product/x to maybe item/x just an an example:

index.php?route=product/product

to

index.php?route=item/item

Is this too many files to edit or is there a simple way?

Thanks

Post by thekrotek » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Yes, this isn't a simple task. And most importantly, completely pointless.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by scottyboyyy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:26 am

If the change I wanted to do was product -> item then yeah it would be pointless. But that isn't the point.

With no idea of my project your reply is not helpful at all other than to boost your post count.

Can someone tell me what needs changed to achieve this?

Post by thekrotek » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:58 am

scottyboyyy wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:26 am
With no idea of my project your reply is not helpful at all other than to boost your post count.
With zero details provided about your "project" your initial question is not clear at all other than to boost your post count. And with data you provided my reply was more than valid, so I can repeat: these changes are not easy to be made and completely pointless.

Want a better reply? Provide details about your "project".

Expert Member

Post by scottyboyyy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:11 am

Thanks for the bump. Again I think you are missing the point. My project isn't the concern and doesn't have any impact what so ever on the answer on the question.

The question is simple what files would be needed to make the change from product to x, y or item. How does knowing my project make any difference, other than to your personal opinions.

If you don't know the answer then that's no problem, this thread is to see if anyone has done this or knows the answer.

In regards to this question being pointless, it has been asked many times with no answer yet.

Post by thekrotek » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:17 am

scottyboyyy wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:11 am
Thanks for the bump. Again I think you are missing the point. My project isn't the concern and doesn't have any impact what so ever on the answer on the question.
No, this is you who missing the point. If you provided details, somebody might suggested you another solution, since your current one is not too easy to implement without breaking the store functionality.
scottyboyyy wrote:
The question is simple what files would be needed to make the change from product to x, y or item. How does knowing my project make any difference, other than to your personal opinions.
See above.
scottyboyyy wrote:
If you don't know the answer then that's no problem, this thread is to see if anyone has done this or knows the answer.
I know the answer, but I'm not sharing it, because it's not a "do this, do that" reply, but much more complex.
scottyboyyy wrote:
In regards to this question being pointless, it has been asked many times with no answer yet.
And there will be no answer, because your way of solving the task is too complicated and will require commercial support. Yet there might be another way to solve your task, but for this you need to provide details.

Expert Member