Post by markh » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:35 am

If, as administrator, I go to edit a customer record, how come it needs me to know/enter their password (as confirmation) when I go to save it - surely an admin has the rights to update all fields/records?

TIA, M

PHP: 7.1.15 | OpenCart: 2.3.0.2 | VQMod: 2.6.2 | Theme: default + Integration pack | MultiMerch: 8.13 / 2.10.0.0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PHP: 7.1.15 | OpenCart: 2.3.0.2 | VQMod: 2.6.2 | Theme: default + Integration pack | MultiMerch: 8.13 / 2.10.0.0

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:45 am

No OC version posted. 3-in-1 problem provided. Can you separate the combos into their own separate issues in order to clearly understand what seem to be the issue you are reporting about?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by markh » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:47 am

OC version in sig - I am querying why my admin user has to provide a /customer's/ password (confirmation) in order to update that customer's record... surely the admin can maintain all data in the backend?

Mark

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:03 am

Because a top administrator may keep the data on the back-end and have access to it (encrypted) but other administrators may also have access to the customer's admin page to edit their content without the top administrator's consent and without accessing the back-end itself. Opencart does not have a Rights Management tool built-in the core, unfortunately, which means all features can be used, by default, when an admin has been delegated the right of access to that specific route.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:42 am

No, you don't need to enter password to edit customer in admin. And you never did.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by markh » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:22 pm

Sorry chaps - this appears to have been something going on with the browser/lastpass form filling injecting values into the edit fields - now sorted ;)

Ta, Mark