Post by vryannn » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:51 am

Hey guys,

My website is getting this error "CURL ERROR: 28::SSL connection timeout" when a customer finish inputing their credit card information and checks out.

Is there a patch/update to fix this? What can I do?

Post by thekrotek » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:06 am

It's not OpenCart error, it's a CURL error. Copy the error message in Google and look for solution.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by vryannn » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:55 am

Yeah I tried that, couldn't find an answer.

Post by kestas » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:57 pm

It's telling you that the CURL configuration on your server doesn't support SSL, meaning that the server administrator didn't compile the CURL support with OpenSSL.
This means that your store won't be able to do secure background communications.

try ssl verify set to
false
in your catalog payment controller file. I'm not sure can this help but anyway you can try.

Code: Select all

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:10 pm

vryannn wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:51 am
My website is getting this error "CURL ERROR: 28::SSL connection timeout"
Send this error to your web host in a support ticket and they should be able to enable it.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:38 pm

vryannn wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:55 am
Yeah I tried that, couldn't find an answer.
Quite of strange that I was able to find a possible solution within a few minutes of search: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/ ... liseconds/

This issue can be caused by traffic overload (too long time awaiting before being able to connect to the API server), the remote server can be unintentionally / intentionally shut down,

or can be due to firewall or local server settings issue caused by recent upgrades / changes - according to this post:
Ok, I’ve added your server IP to my firewall whitelist. Any change?

If not, it’s likely something in your server config as it wouldn’t be my firewall and there’s no other reports of issues coming in.
Paulfreakins would be right. Contacting your host knowing if there were recent changes made to the server in order to prevent API connections to specific hosts may be the best approach.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON