Post by mememe » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:10 pm

I had an email from a customer letting me know that login and create account just gets stuck in a loop returning to same login page...

Using OC 2.2.

Only changes I made after last customer account created, was enabling google analytics with their code in the field. Edited line so the modification would save. Reference this post....
viewtopic.php?t=160148

and changed the htaccess redirect to the https www. domain name from than the one with no www.

I have changed these BACK to what they were previously, still cant login/create. Used backup for hosting files and database to before last customer created account, login/create problem STILL exists...

Remove the htaccess redirect altogether, and I can login, but obvioulsy no SSL site now. It worked 2 days ago, im completely stumped as to what changed and why login/create gets stuck in a loop....

for reference the website is here....
https://www.worldwondersgardens.co.uk/

With the htaccess redirect off and the NON https address used, the top line icons (My Account Wish List Shopping Cart Checkout) no longer appear.
Somethings gone really weird here....

Help!!

Post by straightlight » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:11 pm

I have changed these BACK to what they were previously, still cant login/create. Used backup for hosting files and database to before last customer created account, login/create problem STILL exists...
If you replaced a PHP file and no effect has been taken afterwards, ensure to clear your OC cache from your FTP before reloading the page on your browser. If the issue is still on-going, then in the google analytics page, below the <?php line, add:

Code: Select all

echo 'test1234';
See on your browser if you notice the test1234 on the top-left of your browser. If not, then this issue is related to a server-cache issue and you'd need to contact your host to resolve this issue.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mememe » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:11 pm

Not ever used any ftp connecting or uploading, cleared the OC cache files (/system/storage/cache) = no change
added the echo test1234 bit, saved, reload pages, still not appearing at the top left,
to be clear, you mean the /admin/controller/analytics/google_analytics.php file?

used my cpanels cache flushing tools, still no change - and no test1234 appearing, contacted hosting support who told me that the cpanels cache flush tools ARE the only ones available!

Host support suggested its an htaccess file issue as turning the redirect off does let you login (albeit with the other issues), but I have tried various redirect styles also not making any difference... Having said that, I dont really understand the htaccess coding...

Edit---

Didnt realise there were 2 google_analytics.php files, added the test 1234 to the other one, and it DOES appear in the top left on loaded pages........
Still no change tho....
Last edited by mememe on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by straightlight » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:12 pm

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON