Post by MelanieJ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:50 pm

I read many topics says SOLVED. The problem still remains
Let's see if is solved or not...
Multiple stores using subdomain!

The subdomain shows the same as the domain, changing the store theme has no effect. subdomain.store.com/admin send back to store.com/admin

Settings for the subdomain:
--------------------
Subdomain
subdomain.store.com
Domain
store.com
Document Root
public_html
-----------------------------
OpenCart is installed in the root!

OpenCart settings --> new store -->http://subdomain.store.com/ ( SSL URL : http:/subdomain.store.com/ )
-->Default Layout: Subdomain
In Layout settings --> New Layout --> Name: Subdomain --> Route: common/home ( i tried with the default Layout also )
Theme: Revo for OpenCart and multimerch modul
Theme settings: Subdomain - layout, header, footer - no changing anything ( new layout doesn't change the theme for the subdomain )
The only differences in the subdomain store: missing font awesome icons on the top header, missing trusted site mark, missing McAfee mark
Everything else is the same, The live chat support from tawk.to work as charm

SOLUTION?

please I don't want to read comments like: what is your version, where is installed, do you clean the browser cash, do you use another browser, do you put the /, etc.... If you don't have serious answer better don't reply

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:11 am

Followed is an example for setting subdomains with OC: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=201444&p=711712#p712797

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by MelanieJ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:56 pm

This is not an answer and this is just copy paste and I see you didn't read the post so don't give me another topic where is explained the same as what I did!
I want a serious answer, not blah blah talks!
The subdomain is created and pointed exactly what need for OpenCart!
PLEASE, EVERYONE, READ WELL THE CONTENT OF THE TOPIC BEFORE COMMENT!

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:28 pm

I want a serious answer, not blah blah talks!
Is that so? Then, perhaps you could described based on that referred post where exactly it was mentioned by someone else that it did not worked as intended? Since there were no provided answer, as far as I'm concerned, about a reported inquiry that isn't even related with Opencart itself when configuring sub-domains, here's one answer for you: CONTACT YOUR HOST! - Look on Google, Youtube on how to properly set sub-domains!

You don't like the way I provide the answers? Then, based on your ways of response - dig it up!

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON