Post by its_tayoo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:47 am

Hello please I'm trying to set up quantity discounts for categories on my store. We sell shirts, so a long sleeve shirt goes for about $41per shirt but if you buy 4 long sleeve shirts you get a discount of say 20%. Then the short sleeves go for around $33 per shirt, so if you buy 4 you get around 20% discount too. Also if you buy 2 shirts from the long sleeve category and 2 shirts from the short sleeve category (making 4 shirts in total, you get like 12% discount). Can anybody suggest any extension for these please? Thanks

Post by Johnathan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:26 pm

Category & Product-Based Fee/Discount can do this. You can set up a discount for a category of items, so if someone purchases 4+ of those items, they get a 20% discount on them.

Note that this is an Order Total extension. Order Totals do not affect the price shown in the cart -- only "Special" prices can do that. Order Totals are automatically activated when the criteria are met, and show up as a line item on the order. If you want to inform the customer of the possible fee or discount, you'd need to do it within the product description, or by using a banner on the appropriate pages.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator