Post by sagraphics » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:08 pm

I wondered if anybody could be of any help... We have a single category image selected for each category, but on the front end, each time you refresh the page, the category image changes to a random image of a product in that category. Wouldn't necessarily be a big issue, except, when we delete a product and that products image is removed, sometimes the category image shows the default not available placeholder.

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:59 am

Well, this is not the case in any regular OpenCart OC-2 default Versions,
as I am aware of...
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by sagraphics » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:27 pm

I have found where our template sets the random category image from the products in the category controller.php:

$data['categories'] = array();

$results = $this->model_catalog_category->getCategories($category_id);

foreach ($results as $result) {
$filter_data = array(
'filter_category_id' => $result['category_id'],
'filter_sub_category' => true
);

$randomCategoryProduct = $this->model_catalog_product->getRandomProduct($result['category_id']);
$totalProducts = $this->model_catalog_product->getTotalProducts($filter_data);

if ($randomCategoryProduct['image']) {
$image = $this->model_tool_image->resize($randomCategoryProduct['image'], $this->config->get('config_image_product_width'), $this->config->get('config_image_product_height'));
} else {
$image = $this->model_tool_image->resize('placeholder.png', $this->config->get('config_image_product_width'), $this->config->get('config_image_product_height'));
}

if (is_null($image)) {
$image = $this->model_tool_image->resize('placeholder.png', $this->config->get('config_image_product_width'), $this->config->get('config_image_product_height'));
}

$data['categories'][] = array(
'name' => $result['name'],
'totalProducts' => $totalProducts,
'href' => $this->url->link('product/category', 'path=' . $this->request->get['path'] . '_' . $result['category_id'] . $url),
'image' => $image
);
}

But I can't work out how to pull the category image instead of a random product.

Changing:

$this->model_tool_image->resize($randomCategoryProduct['image'], $this->config->get('config_image_product_width'), $this->config->get('config_image_product_height'));

To:

$this->model_tool_image->resize($category_info['image'], $this->config->get('config_image_category_width'), $this->config->get('config_image_category_height'));

Just shows a placeholder image.

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:19 pm

Well, just check the default:
catalog/controller/product/category.php
then, you'll find out about it. And next time, just mention, what Custom Theme
you use, if you really care, to find some answers.
Good Luck
Ernie

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by sagraphics » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:14 am

I don't know the theme as I didn't build the site - I inherited it from another company who are no longer around. I have checked the default, and if I replace the custom code with the default code in controller.php no image appears at all, just an error message of (Notice: Undefined index: totalProducts in /var/www/vhosts/remnanthousefabric.co.uk/httpdocs/catalog/view/theme/remnant/template/product/category.tpl on line 46 Products)

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:56 am

Well, it's a highly customized Theme you use, you therefore better get
professional assistance.
Good Luck
Ernie
---
remnanthousefabric.co.uk
---

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by sagraphics » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:34 pm

I just need some help in replacing the randomly picked product image for the static category image - I'm pretty new to opencart and it's file structure and which calls to make.