Post by nordicmood » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:50 am

Hi,

My site is https://www.nordicmood.co.uk/ and I use Opencart 2.
I thought that I set up my site to have keywords like: Scandinavian furniture, Scandinavian interior, Scandi style and similar phrases, but after I ran a few tests I can see that the top keywords for my site is not very good. Here is the top words for my site that was generated at:
http://tools.seobook.com/general/website-comparison/

add to, wish list, compare this, list compare, this product, to wish, cart add, to cart, carousel product, equalheight carousel, journal equalheight, grid item, product grid, smith this, by textile, lisa smith, anna lisa, textile designer, designer anna, chairs and, pilke pendant, made in, in england, england by, and footrests, find countdown, product journal, this find, product pilke, countdown this, alex cushion, pendant white, footrests sofas, holly blue, amp shelving, sea holly, in sea, oblong alex, countdown new, cushion in, product oblong, if journal, atab href, htabs atab, carousel htabs, href carousel, carousel click, throw in, alex throw, dark grey, description carousel, item description, end date, data end, attr data, date if, journal isflexboxsupported, name journal, item name, isflexboxsupported journal, new attr, journal countdown, with our, wit add, sign up, cushion wit, feather inner, wool duck, duck feather, inner cushion, offers sign, amp kitchen, dining amp, about our, our latest, latest products, amp offers, products amp, woven wool, this woven, our pilke, with footstool, wesley footstool, our wesley, pilke lamp, pilke tripod, recliner with, design our, furniture homeware, nordic mood, soft furnishings, this luxurious, in dove, dove grey, hear about, blue made, sofa dark, sofas amp, storage amp, to hear, amp chairs, your email, email to, newsletter enter, enter your

As you see there is no mention of Scandinavian furnitures or Scandi Style (I have different versions of Scandinavian Interiors mentioned in 80% of my products). Im not very happy with this result to be honest. Can anyone tell me why my intended keywords hasn't been mentioned in the rapport above?

Why is phrases like add to, wish list and compare this my top keywords? I have never even written any of these words on my site.

Can someone guide me regarding what I need to do?

Please help me out!

Kind regards Vemund

Post by uksitebuilder » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:47 pm

Tools such as the one you used examine the source code of your site and find the most common words/phrases, sometimes giving importance to those which appear at the top of your page(s).

Most likely you have buttons at the top of you page(s) for add to wish list, compare, etc these seem to be being picked up.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by nordicmood » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Thanks for that!

Another thing is: why is Scandinavian never mentioned in the report? I have used that word all over my website? I have tried different websites that creates these reports and none of them have Scandinavian in the list of keywords.

Post by Rainforest » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:08 pm

You shouldn't also place to much emphasis on keywords. Google is not using those for ranking purposes anymore. It's all about on page content, seo title and meta description.

Good luck

Self Taught Opencart User & Developer Since 2010.

Post by labeshops » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 pm

As someone else said, those keyword tools are only counting the most often used words on your site so are only marginally useful, especially as keyword frequency is not given a lot of ranking juice anymore. You should try to maximize the ones you want though. You could create images for wishlist, etc and include an alt tag of "create a wishlist of your favorite Scandinavian styles" for example. Make sure you have keyword rich phrases near the top of your site in text and prioritize text using h1 - h6 tags.

You need to focus on adding your keywords in your content. Your keywords are not mentioned at all on your home page for instance and there is very little text on you home page for search engines to grab on to. I would add a text tag line under your logo for "Scandinavian Furniture for Modern Living" or similar - remember search engines can only read text, not images (though they can read alt tags). Add some text about what your site is about including your keywords further down the page. Include your keywords in your alt tags, image file names, etc. You could add an informational article about what Scandinavian design is or it's history and link it in the footer. Add more keyword rich articles in your blog - you could highlight famous designers for instance with links to pieces that were inspired by them that you sell. You could also syndicate such articles to other sites for backlink building.

I would also add "modern" and "minimalist" to the keywords you pepper throughout as they are popular right now, especially the later.

I do see some of your product descriptions include your keywords so that is good - keep working on that. Expand your category descriptions and any other text on your site - keep it all readable and useful to customers, but also slip in your keywords where you can.

SEO building is an on going process so just keep working on it.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Aditya Infotech » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Rainforest wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:08 pm
You shouldn't also place to much emphasis on keywords. Google is not using those for ranking purposes anymore. It's all about on page content, seo title and meta description.

Good luck
Exactly..!!
I totally agree with your thought. Website ranking all depends on Page Content, Meta Title & Meta Description.

Digital Marketing Classes in Nagpur

Location - Nagpur

Post by sirenaplus » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Website ranking depends on valuable content for visitors, brand, trust, years who site is working and quality links from sites in same niche, or big media who talking about you.