Post by omnicubed2 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:53 am

OC Version:2.3.0.2
Theme: Lexus_store
I have been working on updating our OC from 1.5.6.4 to 2.3.0.2 I am only a basic coder and have been having many issues with the conversion.

1. The search bar is in place, but when you click on it nothing happens it wont let you type in it.

2. I have seen a lot of forums about changing the text when a price is zero for a product but I was hoping to have the price section not be there at all when the price is zero.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

2.PNG

2.PNG (148.42 KiB) Viewed 903 times

1.PNG

1.PNG (107.06 KiB) Viewed 903 times

Last edited by omnicubed2 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:54 am

Since you upgraded to a higher version of OC. Did you made sure your all your installed extensions were uninstalled as well as re-adding the default theme for v2.x releases as well as an compatible custom theme for v2.x releases before re-using any features?

What does your most recent error logs provides from the host console error logs icon?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by omnicubed2 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:02 am

We paid someone to bring us over and then re install our theme and re install our mods. I made sure all of our mods and themes work with the new version (thats why we upgraded to 2.3 instead of higher, this is the furtherst the mods support)

I think this is what you were asking for. Here are the error logs from today. Although i think most of them are from me trying to fix it on my own using what i could find on google, reference from the original site, and find on the forums. If it didn't work i just put it back to how it was before.

2017-12-19 19:21:33 - PHP Notice: Undefined variable: qty_hide in /home/onmicu5/public_html/dev/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_view_template_catalog_product_form.tpl on line 287
2017-12-19 19:47:58 - PHP Notice: Undefined variable: qty_hide in /home/onmicu5/public_html/dev/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_view_template_catalog_product_form.tpl on line 189
2017-12-19 19:47:58 - PHP Notice: Undefined variable: qty_hide in /home/onmicu5/public_html/dev/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_view_template_catalog_product_form.tpl on line 300
2017-12-19 21:39:33 - PHP Notice: Undefined variable: text_search in /home/onmicu5/public_html/dev/catalog/view/theme/lexus_store/template/common/header/default.tpl on line 73

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:26 am

Caused by an installed VQMod extension from your vqmod/xml folder on your file server. Disable each XML files except vqmod_opencart.xml file until this error message disappears. You will then know from which XML file these errors originates from.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rejuveanate » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:30 am

Hi,
The search bar is obscurred by your div header-right
<div class="header-right col-lg-6 col-md-8 col-sm-12 col-xs-12 header-hidden inner"><p></p></div>

Post by omnicubed2 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:30 am

i know which vqmod is throwing those errors, I asked for help with it here viewtopic.php?f=184&t=200487
But none of those errors are for the search bar or hiding the price when its zero.

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:32 am

Since you are posting about an extension issue, however, as explained on the other topic, contact either the extension developer and if no response contact site support from the extension page on the marketplace.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by omnicubed2 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:36 am

I did as suggested in that previous topic. I am asking different questions here that dont have to do with the mod at all.

"1. The search bar is in place, but when you click on it nothing happens it wont let you type in it.

2. I have seen a lot of forums about changing the text when a price is zero for a product but I was hoping to have the price section not be there at all when the price is zero. "

These were my original questions from above.

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:38 am

"1. The search bar is in place, but when you click on it nothing happens it wont let you type in it.
Since it won't let you type in the search box, switch back to the default theme and see if you can replicate this issue.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rejuveanate » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:12 pm

Hi,
Your search box is obscurred by the DIV header-right, it should be removed or resized to overcome this issue.
Regards

Post by omnicubed2 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:50 am

That did it!!!! Fixed my search bar. Thank you so much rejuveanate. Any idea about my other question.

2. I have seen a lot of forums about changing the text when a price is zero for a product but I was hoping to have the price section not be there at all when the price is zero.

I had found this post viewtopic.php?t=52591 but it only changes what is said, im looking for the price section not to display at all when its zero. Also this post is from opencart 1.5 so not sure if the fix will work with 2.3.

"<?php if($price == "$0.00") { echo "Unavailable"; } else { echo $price;} ?>
category page, use $product['price'] instead of $price"