Post by JRC » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi there, my name is Julieann and last year I enlisted a developer to produce a multi vendor marketplace, they used Opencart platform and modified it. Unfortunately, the relationship with the developer is such that the tweaks are not being done and I now want my site to be live soon, (it is in beta mode) so I would like to work on the site myself if possible..I have very, very little tech ability!!
I would like to know if there is a section/area on the forums where I could get the kind of advice, guidance and support to make the necessary tweaks myself to the modified platform. I have been doing small things, changing images, making pages, but I have many issues with the site that I do not know how to do, such as, making a link work on a slider, (I know where to add the link but it is not working, so I want to know how to get it to work!!) change the image of the slider, (I have added images successfully to the site but they are not showing up on the slider, why coudl that be?) the banner image for a multi vendor store is not being shown correctly, it is close up and blurry and I would like to be able to resize or adjust the image, or add details to the section on the vendor dashboard of the size of image required so the vendors know what size or type of image to add!!?
I hope someone can advise and help. Many thanks in advance and I wish you all a great day!
Julieann

JRC

Post by straightlight » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:11 pm

No OC version posted. However, there are multiple extensions that may provide what you need regarding this enquiry: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ultivendor

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by DannyM » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:46 am

Keep a way form Opencart Marketplace Multi Vendor / seller Webkul.
Totally rubbish software! ;)

✯ Professional OpenCart Support [UK-based] ✯
https://opencart.tipshttps://opencart.com.plhttps://facebook.com/opencarttips ✯ Live-chat: http://pixly.me/livechat

Location - Bournemouth, UK

Post by MrPhil » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:00 am

So you and your developer are no longer on speaking terms, and they are holding your site hostage to get money to get it working? My condolences. Depending on just what custom work they did, and your skill level, understanding and fixing/enhancing the store could be anything from minor work to a major undertaking. Just getting another developer up to speed on what was done could take a lot of time and money, if there was any true custom programming involved (rather than just installing some off-the-shelf module). At this point, the quickest solution might be to start over with a fresh, stock installation (I assume you want to be up and running for the Christmas rush, although at this point it's probably too late -- one thing you need is to build awareness and Search Engine ranking, which takes time). Anyway, you're wasting your time and others' time in asking for help in working on custom code that none of us have ever seen. I think you'll need to start over. If multivendor capability is important for your operations, first see if some existing plug-in solution is acceptable. Otherwise, you or some paid developer will have to learn all the ropes of whatever has been done so far, and then start working from there. Good luck and best wishes.

Post by JRC » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:06 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:11 pm
No OC version posted. However, there are multiple extensions that may provide what you need regarding this enquiry: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ultivendor
Hi straightlight, thank you for taking the time to reply, my apologies for not posting what version OC my site is, it is 2.2! I read the rules on posting and then forgot!! this was my first post, not that that should matter, so I am sorry. Thank you for the link also, I will have a look at it.
Kindest regards
JRC
Last edited by JRC on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

JRC

Post by JRC » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:09 am

DannyM wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:46 am
Keep a way form Opencart Marketplace Multi Vendor / seller Webkul.
Totally rubbish software! ;)
Hi DannyM,

thank you for taking the time to reply. Oh wow!! that is good to know but a bit late now, I guess I may have to do what was suggested by another member and start again.

Kind regards

JRC

JRC

Post by JRC » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:21 am

MrPhil wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:00 am
So you and your developer are no longer on speaking terms, and they are holding your site hostage to get money to get it working? My condolences. Depending on just what custom work they did, and your skill level, understanding and fixing/enhancing the store could be anything from minor work to a major undertaking. Just getting another developer up to speed on what was done could take a lot of time and money, if there was any true custom programming involved (rather than just installing some off-the-shelf module). At this point, the quickest solution might be to start over with a fresh, stock installation (I assume you want to be up and running for the Christmas rush, although at this point it's probably too late -- one thing you need is to build awareness and Search Engine ranking, which takes time). Anyway, you're wasting your time and others' time in asking for help in working on custom code that none of us have ever seen. I think you'll need to start over. If multivendor capability is important for your operations, first see if some existing plug-in solution is acceptable. Otherwise, you or some paid developer will have to learn all the ropes of whatever has been done so far, and then start working from there. Good luck and best wishes.
Hi MrPhil,

thank you for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate your indepth response and suggestions. I guess in my naiveity I thought that I could get support on the community here for where to look to make modifications to image size or why a link was not working, etc. and do the work myself, but the reality of starting over is hitting home and may be my only option. This one and only post of mine has been a real eye opener!!

Time to have a re-think methinks!!

Thank you for your best wishes, kindest regards to you

JRC

JRC

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:51 pm

Well, just don't take any of it personal, it's just like in real life, when it comes to Money
and Business, shared knowledge and Wisdom soon reaches it's limits. Especially on the Web,
and when it comes to commerically used Software. But everybody is a potential Competitor too,
and one really would be Nut's, to assist others for free, to get on their feet and successful.

And you seem to even plan to build a Multishop, to probably create more Income too,
so, if you don't know, on how to do it, by help of Google, by example, you just have to
pay in advance, to eventually end up with your Multi Moneymaker Machine. :-*

Still, many Individuals existed around OC, willing to share. But after a while, most of them quit,
getting tired about that ever-repeating running around a dead Cow, and no Light in Sight... :choke:

All this leaves not much time for Fun and Community Feelings, as usually expected by Newbies.
But if one plans to create a honest Business, one should better not expect unknown Others to be
of free assistance in such, just because the basic Software comes for free.

OC has been created, to generate Income, for everybody involved, you could compare it with
free Dope :drunk: offered, to make you buy Extensions and Knowledge! :D

But it's sure Fun to play around with OC, it just takes Time, and Brain, like most great things in Life.
Good Luck!
Ernie

PS: I like your Alias, it reminds me of a famous jap. Manufacturer, I worked with, ~4 decades ago... ;)

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by JRC » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:38 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:51 pm
Well, just don't take any of it personal, it's just like in real life, when it comes to Money
and Business, shared knowledge and Wisdom soon reaches it's limits. Especially on the Web,
and when it comes to commerically used Software. But everybody is a potential Competitor too,
and one really would be Nut's, to assist others for free, to get on their feet and successful.

And you seem to even plan to build a Multishop, to probably create more Income too,
so, if you don't know, on how to do it, by help of Google, by example, you just have to
pay in advance, to eventually end up with your Multi Moneymaker Machine. :-*

Still, many Individuals existed around OC, willing to share. But after a while, most of them quit,
getting tired about that ever-repeating running around a dead Cow, and no Light in Sight... :choke:

All this leaves not much time for Fun and Community Feelings, as usually expected by Newbies.
But if one plans to create a honest Business, one should better not expect unknown Others to be
of free assistance in such, just because the basic Software comes for free.

OC has been created, to generate Income, for everybody involved, you could compare it with
free Dope :drunk: offered, to make you buy Extensions and Knowledge! :D

But it's sure Fun to play around with OC, it just takes Time, and Brain, like most great things in Life.
Good Luck!
Ernie

PS: I like your Alias, it reminds me of a famous jap. Manufacturer, I worked with, ~4 decades ago... ;)

Hi IP_CAM,

thank you very much for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate your thoughts, and your humour!! (not sure now if it was humour but it made me smile!) I do hope that my post and replies are not coming across negatively in any way, I am quite at peace with the situtaion and not angered or hostile in anyway, just an acceptance of the way things are. Please be reassured that I am not taking anything personally, and thank you for making the clear insight of what a lot of newbies expectations are of a community forum!! I am clearly one of them. :) I also understand what you say about shared knowledge and wisdom reaching it's limit and assisting others for free, my approach to life does not really match most of the business world it seems, so please let me explain what my site is about.

My multi vendor marketplace is a not for profit one and based on generosity, my plan is to help others sell their crafts and to help local charities with EVERY SALE having a donation (small or large), and while I hope to make a living from it eventually down the line (who knows when and if that is possible), it would be a small imcome to run the business rather than become rich.

"But if one plans to create a honest Business, one should better not expect unknown Others to be
of free assistance in such, just because the basic Software comes for free".... sad but true, I did expect free assistance, but I saw it as help not a leg up really!! as I am a generous person I sought out other generous people (please do not take that to mean that I do not think OpenCart forum users are not generous, that is certainly not what I mean, I am finding it difficult getting my point across clearly and briefly so I hope I am not offending as it is not my intention to do so!) but I completely understand the general ethos of business and money so I guess this forum is just not the place for me. But I do thank all those who have sought to help me in other ways, by opening my eyes.

I did think the OC being free was a gift, in my naivety again, and you make your point well when you compare it with drugs!! How silly of me not to have been aware of that!

You have been a great teacher Ernie, I appreciate your honesty and I hope the memory of your famous Jap.manufacturer was a happy one and made you smile!

I will not give up on my goal, I will just find another way to acheive it.

Many thanks again.

JRC.

JRC

Post by JRC » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi there. I would like to give my sincere thanks to those who have read and replied to my first and what is likely to be my only post here. I thank you for your time and generosity in teaching me what the OpenCart forum is for and not for, it seems I have misunderstod the forum and the help and support I seek is elsewhere, so I wholeheartedly thank you for that insight.

I wish everyone here on the OpenCart Community much success in your ventures and I give you many blessings of joy and happiness. Thank you all, with the kindest of smiles and much gratutude, JRC.

“Money is not the only commodity that is fun to give. We can give time, we can give our expertise, we can give our love or simply give a smile. What does that cost? The point is, none of us can ever run out of something worthwhile to give.”

- Steve Goodier

Opencart platform 2.2. The hope of an online marketplace with each and every sale of handmade crafts having a donation being given to local charities in the UK.

JRC

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:04 am

Humor is like an essential Vitamin, it keeps one from getting sick and tired ! :D
But just to mention this, you may have overlooked this one, I assume, the Provider
should and would be able to assist you, when it comes to Problems and/or Mod's!
Good Luck ! ;)
Ernie

ClerksCart - Multi Vendor Marketplace
ClerksCart is perfect Multi Vendor Marketplace website. As a vendor (or) Seller you may think to
start online business, the first thing you have to create buysell marketplace website. By Using ClerksCart,
you can create your own marketplace website today, it is a quick and easy to install this script.
ClerksCart is based on OpenCart 2.2 so you can use almost all extensions for this version
(modules, templates, language packs etc.).

Features:
1.) OpenCart 2.2 Based
2.) Frontend upload products
3.) Support 20+ payment gateways
4.) Support physical & digital products
5.) Multi vendor supported
6.) Responsive Design
7.) Commission & Withdrawal method available
8.) Multi currency
9.) Multi language
10) Newsletter
11) SEO friendly
---
http://clerkscart.com/
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=26935
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by JRC » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:02 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:04 am
Humor is like an essential Vitamin, it keeps one from getting sick and tired ! :D
But just to mention this, you may have overlooked this one, I assume, the Provider
should and would be able to assist you, when it comes to Problems and/or Mod's!
Good Luck ! ;)
Ernie

ClerksCart - Multi Vendor Marketplace
ClerksCart is perfect Multi Vendor Marketplace website. As a vendor (or) Seller you may think to
start online business, the first thing you have to create buysell marketplace website. By Using ClerksCart,
you can create your own marketplace website today, it is a quick and easy to install this script.
ClerksCart is based on OpenCart 2.2 so you can use almost all extensions for this version
(modules, templates, language packs etc.).

Features:
1.) OpenCart 2.2 Based
2.) Frontend upload products
3.) Support 20+ payment gateways
4.) Support physical & digital products
5.) Multi vendor supported
6.) Responsive Design
7.) Commission & Withdrawal method available
8.) Multi currency
9.) Multi language
10) Newsletter
11) SEO friendly
---
http://clerkscart.com/
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=26935
---
Hi IP_CAM

thank you for your reply, I had thought of your suggestion but because of the modifications to the product I was doubtful that support would be offered. As I have not asked directly to find out if that is the case I guess my next move is to confirm whether no support is the case or not!

Many thanks again for your time and many blessings to you.

JRC

JRC