Post by alex7 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:02 am

Hi,
I have been using Opencart version 2.3.0.2 (default theme) and recently installed an SEO pack. I decided to select an option to Create Friendly URL’s and now my sitemap page URL is www.example.com/sitemap. I have just become aware Google was unable to use the sitemap already setup (as shown in the Google sitemap extension) www.example.com/index.php?route=extensi ... le_sitemap.
I have tried entering different RewriteRules in my .htaccess file but Google tells me that the file is wrong format or gives a 404 error.
Am I trying to resolve this from the wrong prospective or do I need to code some core files differently?
If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
Thank you

Post by rjcalifornia » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:46 am

Could you post the link of that SEO extension? Google Site Maps looks for a .xml file for the sitemap. When it doesn't find it, it shows that error on Google Console

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by alex7 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:30 pm

Sorry rjcalifornia for not replying sooner but had third party working on the problem. Some glitch had occurred looking for the xml file which they resolved, not sure what. Your quick response was very much appreciated.