Post by arthur » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:17 pm

As this is my first time with OpenCart, I'm looking for a lot of improvements. I've noticed that ENTER button has no action on products search form (back-end). After I enter a phrase, that would be very convenient to press Enter and submit the query. But it ain't working. So I need to move my mouse on button "Filter".

v2.3.0.2

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:54 pm

Ok so are you a developer?

This would need you to add a JavaScript listener on to those fields and then trigger the filter button event.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by arthur » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:42 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:54 pm
Ok so are you a developer?

This would need you to add a JavaScript listener on to those fields and then trigger the filter button event.
I wouldn't say that I'm a developer, I just want to have done it by myself as much as possible.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:19 pm

Then this is a good starting point:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/706 ... nput-field

Code: Select all

$(".input1").on('keyup', function (e) {
    if (e.keyCode == 13) {
        // Do something
    }
});
You'll need to change it to work with those fields and you'll need to change // Do something to call the function that is called when the Filter button is pressed.

Good luck ;)

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by dutchohn » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:07 pm

For anyone finding this post and looking for a ready-made solution, there is an extension available: viewtopic.php?t=203130