Post by MayaIsland » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:31 am

I am using OpenCart 2.3.0.2 and I need an option to be able to ship products from a single order to multiple addresses. The option also need to be able to collect tax based on the multiple shipping addresses. By law – we are a Destination Sales Tax state and must be able to collect tax appropriately based on shipping address. So if a customer lives in Florida and is ordering an item from us and has us ship it to an address in NY state we must charge tax. If a customer lives in NY state and is ordering an item from us and has us ship it to an address in Florida, we DO NOT charge tax.

I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions, thanks!

I tried Quick Checkout with Multi-shipping at https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=6989 and come to find out it doesn't calculate on multiple shipping addresses properly.

I send an email to Darrisb at https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... rch=member asking about his option and waiting for a response.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how I can accomplish this.
Thanks!

Post by yodapt » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:40 am

How do you calculate shipping taxes?

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by MayaIsland » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:26 am

The extension I bought does does not calculate tax properly when it is in multiple shipping mode - I have confirmed this with the developer. The OpenCart plattform is set to calculate shipping based on shipping address and that works fine -

what I need is an option to be able to ship products from a single order to multiple addresses and collects tax on ALL the addresses. If the shipping address is in NYS charge tax and if NOT in NYS, don't charge tax.

Post by Johnathan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:26 pm

I've never seen an extension that is capable of what you're asking, so you're almost definitely going to have to hire someone for a custom modification. The mod would need to affect both the shipping system (which is only capable of one address) and the tax system (which is only capable of a single tax_class_id on a shipping method) so it would be fairly complicated.

If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:16 pm

The only problem with this sort of request would be when confirming the order and sending multiple addresses to remote providers. All remote provider payment modules I've troubleshooted, so far, only includes one postal address information per order rather than multiple addresses. Financial API providers may take these lead addresses. Although, the customer can only be charged once no matter how many addresses have been entered during checkout normally.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by MayaIsland » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:41 pm

Jonathan - thank you for your response. I am willing to work with a developer if there is actually a solution. The developer of the actual extension themselves has not been able to work this out so I am a bit weary that someone else will.

Straightlight - thank you for your response. I have seen the multiple option at work on a site but I imaging the platform is not OpenCart. They must be dealing with tax and payment somehow. It is too late in the game to start over with something else.

If I am understanding correctly, in your experience this may not be possible, yes?

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:44 pm

It may be possible to accomplish with a provided API documentation of your party so to distinguish their functionality and to understand how they provide such service the way you've described.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:32 am

This topic has now been resolved.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON