Post by tintapixel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:21 am

Hi! I got an opencart multistore shop, with 2 stores: 1- http://ams.technology that uses U$S currency and 2- http://ar.ams.technology that uses AR$ currency. I'd hid the currency selector and set the currency by store in Admin/Settings.
But when the user visits the store 1- ams.technology and then goes to store 2 - ar.ams.technology the currency still set to USD and ignore the currency setted in admin (AR$).
Anyone that can help me with a solution for that issue? In some browsers works ok, but I tested in Edge (after clear cookies and cache) and still the failing. Same in some chrome browsers...

Post by yodapt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:57 am

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by tintapixel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:49 am

yodapt wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:57 am
This extension might help you : https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=23041
Thanks but that extension define currency by language and I need currency by store. I´m still searching...

Post by yodapt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:00 am

I can change it to set currency by store if you want, drop me a message or email.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by Reptile » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:11 am

Perhaps this extension can help you:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=30980

All my extensions: Click here or Click here

Location - The Netherlands

Post by thekrotek » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:03 am

tintapixel wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:21 am
But when the user visits the store 1- ams.technology and then goes to store 2 - ar.ams.technology the currency still set to USD and ignore the currency setted in admin (AR$).
This actually is normal. When user visits 1st store, his currency settings is saved in cookies. When he visits the 2nd store, his currency settings are READ from cookies. This is why he sees the same currency for both stores.

I believe, problem is with domain wide cookies. Hard to tell more specifically, but doesn't look bad anyway. If you need different behavior, you might require a custom job for this task.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by thekrotek » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:04 am

Reptile wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:11 am
Your extension has zero relation to the topic.

Expert Member

Post by Reptile » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:33 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:04 am
Reptile wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:11 am
Your extension has zero relation to the topic.
It can help him to checkout in the currency he would like to be paid in.

All my extensions: Click here or Click here

Location - The Netherlands

Post by thekrotek » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:41 pm

Reptile wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:33 pm
It can help him to checkout in the currency he would like to be paid in.
It, actually, can't because the issue is related to cookies. They're the first to be checked (along with session), when engine is loaded.

Expert Member

Post by tintapixel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:37 pm

I don't understand why is so complicated. I only need to show one store in a currency and the second store in other currency. Both only working in his allowed currency and nothing more.
I setted in admin that one store is in default currency and the second in other currency and when you visit the sites it doesn´t work.If you visit the first site the currency remains setted when you visit the second.
By the way this issue make that currency crash with the payment gateway in second store that no admits the currency type of first store.

Post by thekrotek » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:11 am

Nothing is complicated. You have 2 currencies available in your OpenCart installation. When customer selects one currency, his choice is saved in cookies. Next time he visits ANY of your stores, he will see prices in previously selected currency. That's it, very simple.

If you want to have 2 absolutely independent stores, simply install OpenCart 2 times. It will solve this and any other issue with multiple stores, which you may encounter in the future.

Expert Member

Post by themhz » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:34 am

Hello, I had the same problem and I solved it this way: Say you have dollars and euros in your shop. 1. You enable both of them. 2.Go to your site change the currency setting to the one you want by selecting it in front of your website, 3. Go back to the admin and disable the ones you are not interested in and let only the one you selected before. It will work. However if you delete your cookies of your website it will work.