Post by frascna » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:13 am

I upgrade a very old OpenCart install from 1.4.x to 2.3.0.2. It generated a lot of bugs but I managed to fix most of them and get it working.

Unfortunately I'm getting some weird errors. When I go to the Product List or the Customer list in the Dashboard admin, both pages are completely blank. I'm not sure if I have any data in the Catalog subheadings, but I had many products which are no longer there. Same issue with Customer list. However when I use the store and log in as a customer I can view all products and the checkout process works perfectly. Everything is still in the database.

For a while I could see products, but it disappeared after I went to System Settings - Localisation - Languages and changed from en-gb to English. I tried changing it back but now I can't see Products list.

Also, when I attempted to edit certain products or customers, I would get the following error: "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by"

At one point I could see the customers list, but it has disappeared as well and I'm not sure what I changed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:20 pm

frascna wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:13 am
I upgrade a very old OpenCart install from 1.4.x to 2.3.0.2. It generated a lot of bugs but I managed to fix most of them and get it working.
Others might disagree, but personally I would advise you not to upgrade from 1.4 to 2.3, I would advise you to start again in 3.x and import your data (customers, orders, products, categories etc.).

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by mlawrence » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:17 pm

frascna wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:13 am
For a while I could see products, but it disappeared after I went to System Settings - Localisation - Languages and changed from en-gb to English. I tried changing it back but now I can't see Products list.
This happened to me as well. My client adjusted the language and all the products and categories disappeared. I had to go into the database itself and modify the language table to put back the original value. Take a look at the attachment for the default values.

Attachments

language issue.jpg

language issue.jpg (55.05 KiB) Viewed 1071 times

Post by frascna2 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:54 am

Ok so I made a new account since my old one couldn't post or view anything. How do I view an attachment? This forum software is hard to use.