Post by Nordikota » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:26 pm

We've moved host & migrated to SSL. All appears to work OK, but we are getting a strange error with Order Confirmations.

When an order is placed, the customer gets a confirmation email. Admin also get one to confirm the order. On both emails, we are getting the order details in text form at the top of the email, and then again underneath in the proper format. I have no clue how to fix this. Any ideas anyone?

thanks

Post by Nordikota » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:29 pm

The problem gets worse... ???

I've installed a fresh copy of OC2.3.0.2 on a test site & used the same settings as the live site. All works OK.
So I updated the config.php files of the test site to point to the database of the live site. And the email problem is back

So the error is linked to either the database, or some setting within it. I have no idea how to fix this and the emails looked terrible.

Can anyone help?

Post by DrSnake » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:28 am

I'll try. Can you have OC send the emails to me? my username here @ w3gate dot com.

Post by Nordikota » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:57 am

Thanks. I've sent you an example. :)

Post by Nordikota » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:29 pm

Dunno if it helps, but it is only the order confirmation emails that have the problem. Both the one that goes to the store owner and the one for the customer. If you change the status of an existing order & select notify customer - the email comes through OK.

Post by Nordikota » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:00 am

I added a different Email address into the Additional Alert Email section. That email address received the correct email. No duplication!
Now I am confused :-(

Post by DrSnake » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:30 am

Resend to my address, I never saw it.

Post by Nordikota » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:09 am

It gets even stranger...

We've tested 3 different email addresses and all show the error.
You can see the duplication error if you are using a MAC device - like an iPhone or iPad.
But if you view the mail on a PC, the duplication is not there. But where the logo should be is just a box that has a link to the site If you forward the email it can be viewed correctly.

I've created a new test site using a fresh install of OC. It works fine. I then added all of the extensions we have on our main site. It still works fine. I then switched the config of the new site to point to the live site dbase. And the error appeared.

I really have no idea where to go on this one now.