Post by handsun » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:17 am

Settings:Mail, tried yahoo.com, gmail.com and domain based email, site says email was sent to shop owner, but I get nothing -I checked Spam folder, nothing there either(email set in Store, Settings, Store tab.
So I tried SMTP, with gmail, I tried with ssl:// , port 465 and tried port 25
get this error: or the other below
PHP Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known) in /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/system/library/mail.php on line 167

and without ssl// just put: smtp.gmail.com
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error: EHLO not accepted from server!' in /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/system/library/mail.php:201 Stack trace: #0 /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/catalog/controller/information/contact.php(25): Mail->send() #1 [internal function]: ControllerInformationContact->index() #2 /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/system/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(51): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/catalog/controller/startup/router.php(25): Action->execute(Object(Registry)) #4 [internal function]: ControllerStartupRouter->index() #5 /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/system/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(51): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/system/engine/front.php(59): Action->execute(Object(Registry)) #7 /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/system/engine/front.php(52): Front->execute in /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/system/library/mail.php on line 201

Post by webcorvo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi,
Try to do this:
Protocol : SMTP
SMTP Hostname : tls://smtp.gmail.com
User : your user
Password: your pwd
SMTP Port : 587

Opencart Developer - For custom work and support contact @ webcorvo@gmail.com

Location - Lisbon, Portugal

Post by handsun » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Just did that and got this: anyone know what to do to make email work, do I have to buy a plugin?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error: EHLO not accepted from server!' in /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/system/library/mail.php:201 Stack trace: #0 /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/catalog/controller/information/contact.php(25): Mail->send() #1 [internal function]: ControllerInformationContact->index() #2 /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/system/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(51): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/catalog/controller/startup/router.php(25): Action->execute(Object(Registry)) #4 [internal function]: ControllerStartupRouter->index() #5 /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/system/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(51): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/system/engine/front.php(59): Action->execute(Object(Registry)) #7 /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/system/engine/front.php(52): Front->execute in /home/cutflowe/public_html/centerfirebrass.com/system/library/mail.php on line 201

Post by webcorvo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:29 pm

handsun wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:22 pm
Just did that and got this: anyone know what to do to make email work, do I have to buy a plugin?

No, you don´t need to buy.
I think is your server provider .
Do you have one email form your domain?
ex: admin@provider.com?

Post by handsun » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:10 pm

I am using inmotion hosting VPS server, I can make an email, but client wanted to use yahoo or gmail, I have tried both. When you say server, what settings can I change to allow emails to go through? Thanks so much for your help!!!

Post by webcorvo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:26 pm

handsun wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:10 pm
I am using inmotion hosting VPS server, I can make an email, but client wanted to use yahoo or gmail, I have tried both. When you say server, what settings can I change to allow emails to go through? Thanks so much for your help!!!
See this : viewtopic.php?t=87368
Hope that help :o)

Post by handsun » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:55 am

That post was from 2012, the new line is:

fputs($handle, 'EHLO ' . getenv('SERVER_NAME') . "\r\n");
not:
fputs($handle, 'EHLO ' . getenv('SERVER_NAME') . $this->crlf);

still I tried changing that line in mail.php to:
fputs($handle, 'EHLO [' . getenv('SERVER_ADDR') . ']' . $this->crlf); got same error,

and then I found SERVER_ADDR in info.php and tried substituting that, still nothing works
fputs($handle, 'EHLO [' . getenv('23.235.194.106 ') . ']' . $this->crlf);