Post by xairflyer » Mon May 22, 2017 3:16 am

What is the easiest way to add shipping for different regions/zones all I want is ireland UK, europe and rest of world
I have looked at weight based shipping and can add Ireland and UK ok but how do I add europe and ROW

Post by IP_CAM » Mon May 22, 2017 7:46 am

... all I want is ireland UK, europe and rest of world
well, just add europe and the rest of the world exactly the same way
as you probably added Ireland, there is no global setting for Continents
like Europe, exept, if you create something like a 'global' Zone, then
beeing valid/used for all Countries, not specifically beeing
'zonewise' set, compared to, what you possibly have for the UK.
Untested, just a wild guess ... :D
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Johnathan » Mon May 22, 2017 10:25 pm

You can create new geo zones (which are groups of countries + zones) in System > Localisation > Geo Zones. Unfortunately, you'll need to manually create an "Everywhere Else" geo zone in OpenCart, since it doesn't have any other logic for it. If you don't want to do that, my Weight & Volume-Based Shipping has an "Everywhere Else" geo zone, so you only need to set up geo zones for the areas you want. You can then use that option to give a shipping cost to all areas NOT within a geo zone.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by xairflyer » Tue May 23, 2017 3:44 am

I did look at the localisation, no problem with ireland and united kingdom as just one country but if I create one for europe will I have to add each individual country ? europe is possible but not rest of the world, dont see everywhere else option

Post by xairflyer » Tue May 23, 2017 3:48 am

Have no problem buying an extension if it does what I want but any I have looked at in order to demo them I need to have genuine addresses with post codes and regions etc which is not practical just to test, I need to be able to enter germany, or australia and make sure it brings up the correct shipping option

Post by Johnathan » Tue May 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Are you talking about my demo? If so, you can set up rates there for the geo zones already present (US, UK, etc.) or you can use Country rules to set up rates separate from countries. I don't allow for new geo zone creation in the demo, but you can test the ones that are present and see they work. For example, setting up a rate with this rule would only show the rate to customers who choose "Australia" during checkout:

Rule: Geo Zone is Australia

You can test this on the front-end yourself, once you've set up rates in the admin. Please contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions about it.

Administrator

Post by xairflyer » Wed May 24, 2017 7:36 am

other than ireland and UK I am not interested in setting up rates for each country I want to set one rate for europe and one rate for rest of the world without having to add each individual country to the geozone, can this be done in your extension

Post by Johnathan » Wed May 24, 2017 10:25 pm

Yes, that can easily be done. Here's what I would do:

(1) Create a geo zone for UK and Ireland in System > Localisation > Geo Zones
(2) Create a geo zone for Europe in the same area
(3) Create rates in my extension like the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARGE #1
Title: UK/Ireland Shipping
Sort Order: 1
Charge Type: (as desired)
Charge Field: (as desired)
Rule: Geo Zone is UK/Ireland

CHARGE #2
Title: Europe Shipping
Sort Order: 2
Rule: Geo Zone is Europe

CHARGE #3
Title: Worldwide Shipping
Sort Order: 3
Rule: Geo Zone is Everywhere Else
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrator

Post by xairflyer » Fri May 26, 2017 9:10 pm

Ok thanks I have downloaded your extension will get a look this eve

Post by xairflyer » Wed May 31, 2017 7:41 pm

Johnathon I have bought your weight & volume based shipping extension but it wont install keep getting the fail message below, there is another "fix" file which the instructions make no reference too as to whether it needs to be installed first or if it is just to make the extension run properly in 2.3.0.2.
I installed it anyway but made no difference, so I copied all the files (admin & catalog folders) through my ftp program but there is still no weight & volume based shipping showing in the list of shipping options.
The "fix" is showing in the modifications list

Attachments

shipping extension fail.jpg

shipping extension fail.jpg (72.05 KiB) Viewed 1504 times

Post by Johnathan » Wed May 31, 2017 10:07 pm

Please contact me with your order number at the e-mail address in the extension files, or www.getclearthinking.com/contact, for support with extension issues.

The error in your screenshot is referencing the extension installer files, which means you likely haven't set the extension installer up right. That wouldn't be anything caused by my extension. The usual issue is that you have the FTP Root wrong. Try double-checking that to make sure that it's right. (It's usually "public_html/", without quotes, but you should check your server via FTP to make sure.)

If you can't get the extension installer working, try using this free quick fix, which will let you use the extension installer without needing FTP info:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=18892

Contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you still have trouble after that, and I can take a look.

Administrator

Post by xairflyer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:22 am

I have installed other extensions ok so the ftp end is correct.

I got it installed using the quick fix thanks