Post by handsun » Thu May 11, 2017 8:57 pm

Is there an easier way to create a shipping geozone for Continental USA rather than adding 48 times, USA, State?

Post by Johnathan » Fri May 12, 2017 2:10 am

Not in a default installation, no. If you need it for shipping, all of my shipping extensions have an "Everywhere Else" geo zone, which lets you specify all areas not currently covered in a geo zone. However, if you need the geo zone for other things like tax rates, then you're going to need to set it up manually, unfortunately.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by handsun » Sat May 20, 2017 2:01 am

HI Jonathan, I bought your Advanced Shipping module I believe its called. My problem is I want to exclude a few area, not include.
USA includes Alaska, Hawaii and Armed Forces service areas, we cant ship overseas on our cheap rates, so I want to exclude them from USA rather than make anew zone adding 48 States. I'm sure many need to ship Continental USA only.

Post by Johnathan » Sat May 20, 2017 4:34 am

I don't have an extension called Advanced Shipping, so maybe you mean Ultimate Shipping? In any case, what you can do in any of my shipping extensions is skip using geo zones, and just use country/zone rules like this:

Rule: Country is United States
Rule: Zone is not Alaska
Rule: Zone is not Hawaii
Rule: Zone is not Armed Forces

Those rules will mean "enable the charge when the country is United States AND the zone is not Alaska, Hawaii, or Armed Forces". If you plan on reusing those rules for many charges, what you can do is set up a rule set (e.g. titled "Continental USA") and then just add a single rule to each charge like this:

Rule: Rule Set = Continental USA

Let me know if you have further questions at www.getclearthinking.com/contact

Global Moderator

Post by handsun » Tue May 23, 2017 3:14 am

Thanks Jonathan, actually its Formula Shipping, and the rules look great thanks!

Post by Johnathan » Tue May 23, 2017 9:51 pm

Glad to hear it's all working for you now. You can contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have further questions or issues with the extension in the future.

Global Moderator