Post by StormDesigner » Fri May 05, 2017 8:57 pm

I know this is my bad and something I'd done historically incorrectly. I have text that appears on my home page, below the upper horizontal nav menu and above the first HTML text module. I looked all over in the admin screens and scanned the sites PHP/TPL files to see where the text is from and can't seem to locate a match anywhere. Anyone know where there might be a PHP or TPL file that I could have edited to add text in that location on our stores home screen? If so thanks in advance. (and I'll thank you again too!)

OpenCart v 2.0.3.1

StormDesigns, Inc. Website Design and Web Application Development - plus graphic design and print media.

www.StormDesigns.com

Post by viethemes » Fri May 05, 2017 9:58 pm

Could you provide your site URL so I can take a look at the problem closer?

http://www.viethemes.com - OpenCart turtorials, news, tips and stricks, extension

Our extensions:
Visual Theme Editor - Powerful tool for customizing style of any theme visually
Live Theme Editor - Customize layout, colors, backgrounds, fonts of the default theme
Theme Animation - Animation Editor for any theme

Extra Positions PRO, Custom JavaScript, Custom CSS and others

Post by StormDesigner » Sat May 06, 2017 2:58 am

I'd love to do that but as this is a client project I am challenged on sharing that information in a public forum. Is there a private channel where I can send that information. I have no issues sharing the solution publicly of course. The text as described appears just below the default themes upper nav menu and above the next element on the page. I'd assume there is only one document route that would accomplish this. I wish I recalled what I edited to do that! I guess I've done a lot of stuff in the past 2 years since?

StormDesigns, Inc. Website Design and Web Application Development - plus graphic design and print media.

www.StormDesigns.com

Post by IP_CAM » Sun May 07, 2017 12:45 am

Nothing Personal, your posting just 'matched' by plain accident! ;)

Just to mention it, and hopefully, to also get Some down to real Earth, regarding free Support, :D
because, when it comes to OC Client - Jobs, there is usually money involved as well.
In such cases, it should be understandable, and acceptable, that money would be involved, when
it comes to so-called 'personal correspondence', regarding OC Pro Support, after one comes here,
to get assisted, but unable to also assist, by presenting FACTS or Data, required to assist in the first place.

This also includes Posters, unable to 'show' Links in the 'open', they must not be surprised, or
feel ignored, if, in case, one would not just receive 'private' Service, just for the fun of it. After all,
OC strictly means business, for just about everybody involved.

despite of the fact, that it's not even my business, or right, to complain ... :laugh:
Ernie

For Sale: Top URL's, including an OpenCart V-Pro Shop!
A wide range of matching Designs can be seen here: http://www.opencart.li
For Information on URL's offered, please contact me at: jti@jacob.ch
Hundreds of Mods in 380+ Repositories for OC v.1.5.x - v.2.3.x
to be found on my Github Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by StormDesigner » Tue May 09, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi IP_Cam not taken personally and I TOTALLY understand. It's hard when there isn't a lot of money involved and I have a hard time finding really cost effective support for the "little" things. (Things I think are little but maybe they aren't?) I'm always hoping there is someone who can pop a "That's right here in this file" etc. without breaking a sweat; but usually don't expect to find that. Too often struggling to make ends meet on a project and then running into frustrating little obstacles. What is the cost effective solution to "free open-source software" other than burning up hours poking around to find clues? Are there people who specialize in providing that level of support?

www.StormDesigns.com

Post by bonkopencart » Wed May 10, 2017 12:46 pm

if you don't give url or at least screenshot where the problem is, its difficult for us to have a better picture about your problem.
if you familiar for tpl/php file modification, you must be know home page it self affected by many file. even much more if you have theme, extension, and modification directly or vqmod-ly...

Post by StormDesigner » Thu May 25, 2017 10:50 pm

::) embarrassed but to be a good sport I'll share it in case someone else can't figure out how to edit text on their OpenCart pages.

The text in question is generated within an "HTML Content Module" inserted above the slideshow.

The text in question is the "Heading Title" which I mistook for functioning like the "Module Name".
It creates an <h2> on the page and is editable within the module.
Within the admin UI it blends in somewhat but I should have seen that. Some days I think I need to slow down a bit and read more!
Thanks for hopping out to help.

www.StormDesigns.com