Post by OcNub » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:14 pm

OpenCart Version 2.0.1.0

Hello everyone!

Ive been looking for a solution for this but I cant manage to do it, i'm very unskilled in programming and a newcomer to opencart environment.

Ill cut to the chase.... In "Add Order History" every time we press "Add history" the system will always send an email to the costumer even with the notification unchecked, even if you keep the same status. We add a lot of comments and costumers don't like that, it's spammy... Is there a way to prevent that from happening?

Thank you in advance.

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:29 pm

Early versions of 2 were a little bit buggy so it might be worth upgrading to the latest.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by OcNub » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:38 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:29 pm
Early versions of 2 were a little bit buggy so it might be worth upgrading to the latest.
Right now I don't have time to upgrade or the resources. I was hoping for someone who knew a line of code I could change to prevent this from happening. I did search in files for something like this but like I said I'm unskilled, I don't know how opencart works in terms of coding.

Post by OcNub » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:16 pm

I'm sorry I don't want to look rude or anything. I think this is important... At least I didn't see any solutions online, and there might be more people around with the same problem.

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:05 am

In the admin/view/template/sale/order_info.tpl, it's this line:

Code: Select all

<input type="checkbox" name="notify" value="1" id="input-notify" /> 
in this section:

<div class="form-group">
                  <label class="col-sm-2 control-label" for="input-notify"><?php echo $entry_notify; ?></label>
                  <div class="col-sm-10">
                    <input type="checkbox" name="notify" value="1" id="input-notify" />
                  </div>
                </div> 
displaying the clickable Option.
And further down, in about Line 870, you'll find this, wich I would either remove as it looks here, in full,
for testing, or then switch both values to either 0 or 1. (since I don't known wich one activates the email command! :D )

+ '&notify=' + ($('input[name=\'notify\']').prop('checked') ? 1 : 0)
but then, this function would no longer be usable, you then would better remove the entire 'visible' Section,
just to mention this! Untested, similar to your OC Version... :laugh:
Good Luck !
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by OcNub » Tue May 02, 2017 4:09 pm

I don't want to remove the notify option. He will send and Email with or without the box checked.
The opencart always sends an Email to the costumer, a warning that the order status has changed. That's exactly what I don't want him to do.

So, I was asking if someone knew a way to prevent opencart to always send an damn Email to the costumer warming about order status.