Post by kathyarias » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:22 am

the other day i got a fresh install of opencart, and while i was setting everything up, suddenly the page got all out of place. and, strangely, my dashboard have started showing 8, 10, or 12 "people online." i haven't gone live yet because i am still working on it, so i don't get these many visits yet. and when i checked more info about this info, apparently i am getting daily visits from "guests" from a couple repetitive IPs. Do any of you have any idea what's happening? And how I could avoid this next time?

It says one of them is baidusapider and the other is googlebots. what i don't undertand is how they could have affected the look of my admin page

Attachments

screenshot.jpg

screenshot.jpg (130 KiB) Viewed 435 times

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot2.jpg (71.38 KiB) Viewed 435 times

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:06 am

By Default, your software 'incorporates' Code like shown below, and especially the AddThis
Javascript Function works, regardless of, if this display is enabled or not. :D
To get rid of it, just remove it, but since you are indexed already, it would not help.
header.tpl

Code: Select all

<?php echo $google_analytics; ?> 
produtc.tpl

<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
<div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style"><a class="addthis_button_facebook_like" fb:like:layout="button_count"></a> <a class="addthis_button_tweet"></a> <a class="addthis_button_pinterest_pinit"></a> <a class="addthis_counter addthis_pill_style"></a></div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-515eeaf54693130e"></script>
<!-- AddThis Button END --> 
But you could add something like this below into your .htaccess file,
to keep those 'intruders' off, but then, they may refuse to index your Site
later, because of this. So, better just accept it, as it comes, it happen to everyone...

<Files *>
order allow,deny
allow from all
deny from 46.229.
deny from 63.243.
deny from 163.172.
deny from 180.76.
</Files>
Good Luck
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland