Post by ibparn » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:04 am

Any assistance / suggestions would be helpful.
I'm running version 2.3.0.2 and for some unknown reason, my dashboard display is missing some items:
1. Extension menu
2. Layout submenu under Design

I have checked / verify the following that the user permissions for all tables / files under "User Group" have been selected

I have attached a picture of :
1. Current dashboard view and what it should be (with missing items)
2. Display of coding from test system that shows missing from live system

As a note, I can access missing items by typing in their correct paths even though items are missing from dashboard.

Again, thanks for any assistance / suggestions to correct the issues.

Attachments

Missing Menus.JPG

Missing Menus.JPG (88.09 KiB) Viewed 277 times

Post by Qphoria » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:08 am

I can honestly say I've never seen this. Just for kicks try hitting Ctrl+F5 but doubt that will help.
Are you sure you are logged in as the user in the user group you are checking all permissions for?

OpenCart 2.0.x Mod Update Info

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by ibparn » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:13 am

Qphoria wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:08 am
I can honestly say I've never seen this. Just for kicks try hitting Ctrl+F5 but doubt that will help.
Are you sure you are logged in as the user in the user group you are checking all permissions for?
Tried that multiple times without any success. Thanks though for your suggestions. As I stated, I install a fresh version and have compared all the settings, file structures and configurations.

Post by xypro » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:04 pm

i have similar problem as well ! Anyone can help ?

Post by Johnathan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:36 pm

The only time I've seen this is like Qphoria has said, when the User Permissions for extensions weren't set. Even if they look right, try clicking Select All for the access & modify permissions, then re-save them.

If that doesn't work, and it's a standard installation without any modifications, I'd suspect something went wrong in the installation. If you can, try it on a localhost or other server, to see if the same issue occurs. You might also try a different version (e.g. 2.2 instead of 2.3) to see if the same issue occurs.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by ibparn » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:05 am

Thanks for the input and suggestions. I've tried all the suggestions you and Qphoria gave without success. I even compared the database settings of "User Group" table in "live" and "test" system and they appear to be the same. I also created a new user, which didn't work. I've had my current installation for months and all was working fine until a few days ago. The weird thing is if I type in the path, I can access all those menu items "not showing". Also, as I stated I installed a fresh "test" version and the problems do not appear.
I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to install a fresh version and transfer "all" data from current database to new installation. Not looking forward to this option and since I can access them by typing in the path... No big hurry...

Thanks all..
Ibparn

Post by Johnathan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:43 pm

If a fresh version doesn't have this issue, then it's due to something you've installed. Try uninstalling any mods one-by-one until you find the one that's affecting it.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by ibparn » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:35 am

Thanks for your suggestions, which I attempted without success. System has mods, but none where being installed when the issue occurred. Had what appeared to be a stable system when moving from one screen to another problem begin.

Thanks again for everyone's assistance.
Ibparn O0