Post by aradeth » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:09 pm

Hi,

When i made a discount for a product i want to show both old-price and new price without tax.

In category.tpl or featured.tpl i changed 'special' to 'tax' to show price-new ex. tax.

But i couldn't find a way to show price-old ex. tax. How can i do that?

In admin/product list, both old and new price showed as ex. tax. How can i do that in the front-end?

Post by thekrotek » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:10 am

You can simply turn of taxes, if you don't need them. Otherwise every order total will display prices with taxes. It is usually hard-coded.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by aradeth » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:07 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I can't turn off the taxes because i need to show both the price ex. tax and the price inc. tax in the product page.
I also need to show the prices like (price ex. tax)+KDV(the name of the tax in my country) on the homepage/featured products.

When i made a discount for a product it shows the "old price" in grey with a grey line and shows the "new price" in red, in admin view.
This is the thing i want to achieve in the front-end too. Look at the screenshot please:

So i need to show the old price exc. tax and new price(special) exc. tax in the same time.

Post by thekrotek » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:29 am

As far as I know, on product page and modules price and tax ARE displayed both. Here's a default MacBook layout, for example:

$475.00 $500.00
Ex Tax: $475.00

Expert Member

Post by aradeth » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:42 pm

Yes but it's different on the category page and featured products module on the homepage.

I need to show both prices (old and new) without tax. For the category page i changed 'special' to 'tax' in category.tpl and now the new discounted price is shown as "the new price exc. tax" but i can't figure it out how to make the same for the old price.

In my situation, old prices are shown as price inc. tax and the new prices are shown as price exc. tax.

By the way, taxes are "on" my store and i changed 'price' parameter in releated tpl files to 'tax' to show the price as (price exc. tax)+KDV(the name of the tax)

Post by thekrotek » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:53 pm

See our demo site here:

http://thekrotek.com/ocdemo/

All prices are displayed absolutely identically everywhere, including category page and featured module.

Expert Member

Post by aradeth » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:30 pm

Featured products on the home page on your demo site is what i want: both prices are shown as "the price exc. tax".

But i also need to show "the price inc. tax" on the product page :)

That's why it's a little complicated.

Post by thekrotek » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:47 pm

But price including tax is just a price :-(

Expert Member