Post by swisslink » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:59 pm

Our wholesalers do not pay on checkout... they only submit an order.

Once the order is submitted someone verifes we have everything they ordered in specific quantities... then the shipping costs are determined.. (sometimes its pallets or containers)

I am looking for a solution that would:
1. allow user checkout without payment
a. sends email to admin for processing
2. allow admin to update shipping costs
3. allow admin to change status (already have it)
a. admin will process payment offline
4. keep buyer info so they can see complete purchase and txn history.

Post by thekrotek » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:26 pm

Everything can be done using default OpenCart functionality, except payment.You will have to add payment form to the page, which you want to pay the order from, and adjust some of its data. It's not that hard, but not a 2 minute job as well. I did it myself for a few payment methods similar to PayPal.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:40 pm

I'm working on an extension that has a bit more flexibility in editing order line items, as well as lets you send the customer a payment link so they can pay for the order. However, since you're talking about processing the payment offline, I don't think you'll even need that. I think you can get all the functionality you need by using the built-in order editor, and an offline credit card payment method like this one:

http://www.opencartx.com/offline-credit ... on-15x-20x

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by swisslink » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:37 pm

thekrotek wrote:Everything can be done using default OpenCart functionality, except payment.You will have to add payment form to the page, which you want to pay the order from, and adjust some of its data. It's not that hard, but not a 2 minute job as well. I did it myself for a few payment methods similar to PayPal.
We have customer CC on file most of the time and process / complete payment over the phone.

I haven't been able to figure out how to allow checkout without payment.

Post by Johnathan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:55 pm

Just use a free checkout like Cash On Delivery, and then title it to whatever you want. You do that in the payment method language file:

/catalog/language/YOURLANGUAGE/payment/cod.php

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:23 am

The extensions I've created for this are now ready. You can use either one for what you need, or both together:

• Edit Order Line Items
• Collect Payment Later

You use the first to edit products or line items on an order, and then the second one to collect payment for the order after it's already been placed. It also includes its own "free checkout" payment method, so you can let people check out without having to pay when they initially place the order.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Administrator

Post by swisslink » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:55 am

Pay Later seems useful might have to check it out, I think you can edit line items already in oc 2.1.0.1

Post by Johnathan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:13 pm

You can edit orders in OpenCart, so if that's working for you then you wouldn't need Edit Order Line Items. However, there are some limitations in OpenCart's order editor that my extension addresses. For example, you can't change the product price on the order, you can't change any non-standard Order Total line items (like a handling fee or discount on the order), and you can't easily add or remove line items on the order. You also can't manually enter a shipping cost, which is one of the requests I've had frequently.

Administrator