Post by tdaubs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:58 am

I'm looking for an extension or other approach that allows for the discounting of product options based on customer group.

We need the discounts to show at the product page and not just during checkout.

So a t-shirt with an x-large size option could be up charged $1.00 for wholesale customers and 2.00 for regular customer.

For example...

T-shirt - $10 for retail group. $8 for wholesale group.

Small (no price change)
Medium (no price change)
Large (no price change)
X-Large (+$2 for retail group +$1 for wholesale group)
XX-Large (+$4 for retail group +$2 for wholesale group)

The customer will only see the prices for the particular group they are part of.

Finally, I can't create two option groups and then restrict those by customer group because I need the option inventory to be tracked. So all options for both wholesale and retail need to be placed in the same product options group.

Is anyone aware of an extension or other method that provides this functionality?
Last edited by tdaubs on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Location - Southern California

Post by cyclops12 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:30 am

You could set up different customer groups, ie wholesalers and default/regular customers and assign your customers accordingly.
Then when you edit your product, in the discount tab add a new discount then you can choose whatever customer group you want the discount to apply to.

Maybe alot of work if you have lost of customers already.

Expert Member

Post by tdaubs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:38 am

@cyclops12 I wish that was an approach I could use but I need this to work at the option level.

Post by cosmicx » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:29 pm

@tdaubs
Hi there! Could you please let me know if you have done this already?

We both have similar requirements and I am still looking for solution.

For now, I am searching for a solution by combining Discount Modules.

Post by tdaubs » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:32 am

If memory serves, I don't believe we found any solution that worked the way we needed. Looked at many extensions and none of them met the project requirements. :(

Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?

Post by thekrotek » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:32 pm

And you won't find any extension for this task, because it requires quite heavy integration to be displayed on product page. Same was as Specials integrated.

I'd suggest you to rethink your task and simply add a group fee on checkout. This is a lot easier to implement and quite clear for customers as well. Group Fee or Discount can do this for you.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:54 pm

The easiest way to do this before reaching checkout is by creating a total controller file which could display the affected total if the logged in customer is reflected to that particular customer group from the cart page. It is even more opened for all users to see the same price or a special price reflected on the product compared to customer prices. For instance, let's say a customer has never purchase a product before from a store but needs specific conditions to buy them in order to reflect the change on a price. This change would only need to be reflected from the cart page so once the product has been added to the cart which the cart is the relay, and the introduction of prices, between the publicity and the checkout process since it normally determine if the price should reflect a change or if it should rather remain the same.

Using the total controllers for these type of validations seem to be the most relevant extension to build, in this case.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Zanato » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:51 am

I'm looking for a solution for this too.

What's the point in being able to discount products if you can't also discount that products options?

Location - Dublin, Ireland

Post by Zanato » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:04 am

After a lot of searching I found this...

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... cSBgoTgxJX

and it works quite well on 2.2.

You just need to add a column to the product.option.values table in your DB. SQL is in the xml file.

Location - Dublin, Ireland