Post by Nordikota » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:43 pm

Is it possible to remove the responsive code for the Admin panel so I can fix the size of the images in admin product & option pages to make it usable? If so - how?

I have a problem with the displayed images in the Admin Products & Admin Options pages and it seems I cant get these fixed.
Last edited by Nordikota on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by pm-netti » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:53 pm

Nordikota wrote:Is it possible to remove the responsive code for the Admin panel so I can fix the size of the images in admin product & option pages to make it usable? If so - how?

I have a problem with the displayed images in the Admin Products & Admin Options pages and it seems I cant get these fixed.
"Everything is possible, everything is not easy" :)
Are you use Google Chrome browser?
This fix style in option form page and product discount form
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=24006

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by Nordikota » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:43 pm

Yes I'm using Chrome. What does this extension do? I can't see any changes once installed ???

Post by pm-netti » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:46 pm

Nordikota wrote:Yes I'm using Chrome. What does this extension do? I can't see any changes once installed ???
This change CSS style for Google Chrome. After installed you can use admin > options form and admin > products forms in Chrome.
But what is you Chrome version? My test Oc 2.3.0.2 is work fine in Chrome.

Post by Nordikota » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:10 pm

It says Version 54.0.2840.71 m. Installed your code OK. refreshed the Modifications, emptied the Chrome Cache, deleted the VQmod cache. Can't see any difference, but I'm not sure what this code is supposed to do?

Post by pm-netti » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:35 am

Nordikota wrote:It says Version 54.0.2840.71 m. Installed your code OK. refreshed the Modifications, emptied the Chrome Cache, deleted the VQmod cache. Can't see any difference, but I'm not sure what this code is supposed to do?
This fix Css style, widen the columns for Chrome to OC version 2.0. I not test this to current versions. But when I said, my Chrome work, althougth Chrome version is 53.0.x. What your is problem?

Post by Nordikota » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:45 am

In the Admin/Products page, all of the images take up 1/2 the screen width. I can't see the text in the boxes to the right. If I resize the main browser window, the images reduce in size. This makes it very difficult to navigate. With >1000 products and 20 listed at a time, each image is a full screen high.

In Admin/options page. if I edit an Option that has images, the problem is the same as above.
If I resize the main browser window, the images do not reduce in size. This makes adding new options impossible :(

I've posted about this before, had no response. I asked the guy who performed our upgrade. No response. I've asked Opencart Support. No response to my last message to them.

That is why I asked if there was a way I can fix the image size so that they do not change if you resize the window. I might then be able to fix them at a small size and make OC2302 useable.

Post by pm-netti » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Nordikota wrote:In the Admin/Products page, all of the images take up 1/2 the screen width. I can't see the text in the boxes to the right. If I resize the main browser window, the images reduce in size. This makes it very difficult to navigate. With >1000 products and 20 listed at a time, each image is a full screen high.

In Admin/options page. if I edit an Option that has images, the problem is the same as above.
If I resize the main browser window, the images do not reduce in size. This makes adding new options impossible :(

I've posted about this before, had no response. I asked the guy who performed our upgrade. No response. I've asked Opencart Support. No response to my last message to them.

That is why I asked if there was a way I can fix the image size so that they do not change if you resize the window. I might then be able to fix them at a small size and make OC2302 useable.
Your image cache is not work?
There eg. in product page image size is 100px x 100px from folder image/cache/catalog/example_100x100.jpg. What is your image path and filename.....? Are you look image sizes from admin > extensions > themes?

Post by Nordikota » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:00 pm

We are using OC2302 and Journal2 theme. We upgraded from OC156 to OC2302 & this was done by an OC Guru (not me)
Before asking for help I have tried for 3 weeks to fix it. Including:

Cleaning the image cache, theme cache and browser cache. No difference
Removed all MODs. No difference
Removed OC2302 completely and installed a fresh copy & linked to existing dbase. No difference
Added MODs we need. No difference.
Installed a clean version in a separate directory and used a blank dbase. This was fine!

All images are the same physical size - 800x1000 pixels, 300 dpi. I have a variety of PNG & JPG file formats.

So it must be linked to the Dbase somehow? I've attached a screen shot of the admin/products page so you can see.
screen-shot.jpg

Screen Shot - screen-shot.jpg (468.7 KiB) Viewed 1068 times

In admin/options - it is even worse. The images are so large you cant read any of the associated text boxes.

Someone? Anyone?

Post by Nordikota » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:29 am

???

Post by pm-netti » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:03 am

Nordikota wrote:???
That is your product list in admin.
This is replace to admin/controller/catalog/product.php lines 358-362:

Code: Select all

if (is_file(DIR_IMAGE . $result['image'])) {
				$image = $this->model_tool_image->resize($result['image'], 40, 40);
			} else {
				$image = $this->model_tool_image->resize('no_image.png', 40, 40);
			}
Image size should be 40x40px.

Post by Nordikota » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Thanks - but that code is already there :-\

foreach ($results as $result) {
			} else {
			}

Post by pm-netti » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:51 am

Nordikota wrote:Thanks - but that code is already there :-\

foreach ($results as $result) {
			} else {
			}
Strange. :)

Post by Nordikota » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:33 am

That doesn't sound very hopeful :-\

Post by pm-netti » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:00 am

Nordikota wrote:That doesn't sound very hopeful :-\
You can do test product.
Product name: test.
Product image name: image/catalog/test.jpg

Then open this test product in admin product form.

You check, is found image image/cache/catalog/test-40x40.jpg?

Pekka

Post by Nordikota » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:07 pm

OK done. And I've got test-100x100 & test-40x40 ???

Post by pm-netti » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:14 pm

Nordikota wrote:OK done. And I've got test-100x100 & test-40x40 ???
Can you go to admin > product form.

Press mouse right button. Press 'View source code' etc. You press 'find' and text 'test-40x40'.
So is there in source code text 'test-40x40.jpg' of admin product form?
You can also upload this test-40x40.jpg your computer and check it size to Photo shop etc.

Post by Nordikota » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:52 am

I think we might be getting somewhere. ;D

I downloaded the two files from the cache area - the ones marked test-100x100 and test-40x40. And they are both physically 800x1000 - which is the original file size.

Not sure where I can see the source code that shows the 40x40? Do you mean edit the product in the admin/product list?

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:02 pm

You might give it try with Opencart's default theme. You are using one of the most cumbersome Opencart themes. The Journal theme has a reputation for not being compliant with Opencart standards. There is no need for a proper web theme to modify the Opencart admin backend.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Nordikota » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:30 pm

I have. I tried it with a fresh OC install & no themes/mods installed. Same problem :-\