Post by Randem » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:50 pm

Here is a list of changes I have made (with help and contributions from other members) to OpenCart for v2.1.0.x to aid in the correct operations of OpenCart. They have been included in a VQMod XML file for anyone to use if they like.

Fix: column_Left, column_right,content_top & content_bottom so that the store layout will display properly - 20151219
Add: Missing header text and allow it to be used - 20151219
Fix: Broken banner template for add/edit - Gaspar - 20160115
Fix: Changed OpenBayPro code that was incorrectly left over from v1.5.x - 20160110
Fix: Force URL's in store to be terminated properly with a slash or any store without slash will default to main store. Force HTTPS protocol to HTTPS if SSL is selected in store settings - 20160116
Add: Place suhosin parameters to php.ini for when product[key] gets too long (root & admin) when updating quantity in checkout/cart - artcore - 20160115
Fix: Place opencart.sql file into proper folder for upgrade.php script to find - 20151216
Fix: Replace upgrade.php file with modified upgrade.php file that will work properly - 20160116
Chg: Force banner displays to be random each time page is shown - 20160116 - v1.0.5
Fix: Broken SQL statement in catalog/model/design/layout.php that prevented banners from displaying - 20160117 - v1.0.5
Fix: Force layouts that have an empty route to be assigned common/home in the database to avoid confusion when attempting to use the layout - 20160117 - v1.06
Add: Rearrange Featured Products - Tri Le - 20150902 - v1.07
Fix: OpenBayPro - Undefined method loader - 20160126 - pm-netti - v1.0.7
Fix: Modify any third party themes that have error that does not allow removing items from checkout cart - 20160130 - v1.08
Fix: Added missing labels and code for Backup & Restore Tool - 20160131 - v1.09
Fix: When selecting "Print Shipping List" from the Orders section; if no product in the order were to be shipped the browser screen would be blank. Changed it to show the order but with DO NOT SHIP in the heading. This will avoid confusing the user into believing that something is broken - v1.0.10
Add: Full database dump in Backup & Restore is now available in SQL format that has DROP / CREATE / INSERT statements so that you can backup/restore your whole database properly - 20160204 - v1.11
Fix: Reward Points not subtracting the order points from the customers rewards points - 20160204 - vyshemirsky - v1.11
Add: Ability to add products to OpenCart shopping cart from your website to aid in a better customer experience - 20160206 - v1.12
Chg: Changed Customer Online Report URL & Referrer columns to maximize available text space - 20160206 - v1.12
Fix: Fix theme views - viethemes - 20160207 - v1.12
Fix: Remove trailing slash from any routes in layout_route table (when layouts are saved) - 201602013 - v.1.13
Fix: Affiliate Commission Radio Button selection Fix - 20160217 - ocmta - v1.14
Fix: Change payment method button loading hang when "Terms and Conditions" not ticked - 20160220 - Unknown Author - v1.15
Fix: Google Captcha error issue on Guest Checkout- 20160227 - nuke123 - v1.16
Last edited by Randem on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:52 am, edited 5 times in total.

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by sculptex » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Hi Randem, thats great, thanks for sharing!

ImageImage

Location - UK

Post by Randem » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:40 am

You are welcome! The list has been updated with the latest fixes.

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"

Post by Randem » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:53 am

List and file updated again...

Post by cyclops12 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Well done Randem, you are a credit to everyone using Opencart :clap:

Expert Member

Post by joelarocque » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:57 am

Has anyone used the mod file?

Joseph La Rocque
CEO
Words and Robotics LLC
Greenville, NC 27858
Phone: +1-252-258-7749
Email: joseph@wordsandrobotics.com
Website Hosted by: www.EvolveWebHost.com (Specializing in OpenCart Hosting)

Location - Greenville, NC 27858

Post by Randem » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:14 am

cyclops12 wrote:Well done Randem, you are a credit to everyone using Opencart :clap:
Thanks cyclops12,

joelarocque wrote:Has anyone used the mod file?
That is what your test system is for. Everything I put in the MOD file has been thoroughly tested and is live in all my stores.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:30 am

I took a look at the changes file... maybe I missed it but in some of your additional sql statements you seem to still be adding them as serialized instead of json_encoded. Also there seems to be an opencart.sql file in the "catalog" folder.. not sure why that would be there.

Administrator

Post by Randem » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:53 am

Yes, you seem to have missed everything... You can't just glance at it, you actually have to use it. Everything is where it needs to be and done how it needs to be done.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:03 am

Yea I'm not so sure....

Lets take the install/model/upgrade.php file
on line 446 you call your stuff, after the 2.1.x upgrader has already done the serialize to json conversion
Then down on line 500 you are inserting as serialized again:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `" . DB_PREFIX . "setting` SET `code` = 'config', `key` = 'config_processing_status', `value` = 'a:1:{i:0;s:1:\"2\";}',
When you get to the module table and other spots you are doing json encoding correctly, so I think you just missed those few spots.

Also your code for adding modules and extensions seems to just add some default modules, not using the modules the site owner currently has enabled. Is that correct?

Not really sure the issue you reference with oc_cart and "autonumber" ? A lot of tables have auto-increment fields. I've not run into any issues with that.

One of the biggest issues that I don't see covered is the "group" column in the setting table. The default upgrader adds the new "code" column but leaves the "group" column. It then reads the settings and reinserts them with the group value set into the code column. This then results in 2 copies of all setting records:
- One with a value in the "group" column with a null "code" column value.
- One with a value in the "code" column with a null "group" column value.
The catch here is that the code to load this data doesn't use the group or code columns to qualify when it grabs the data from the setting table in the index.php file

$query = $db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "setting WHERE store_id = '0'");
This means it will return 2 copies of the data to a single array key so it overwrites it. It is a race-condition to determine which value returns last. This results in wonky results. For example, you may have some instructions for bank transfer payment method, when you load it in the admin you may see the one that has a value in the "group" column, but when you save it, it DOES quality the code column so it saves it to the record that has a value in the "code" column. So then you go to re-edit it again and you see the old instructions again. And then you get all confused as to why it isn't saving. The simple fix there is to drop the new 'code' field added by the default opencart installer and simply rename 'group' to 'code'. That ensures you won't have duplicates.

Also in the htaccess it looks like you are forcing www to non-www and forcing non-https to https which isn't going to work for everyone by default.

# Remove www. from any domain query
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.(.*)$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%1%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]

# All broswer request get redirected to HTTPS
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} ^80$
RewriteRule ^.*$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]

Administrator

Post by Randem » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:58 am

WOW!!! You will stop at nothing to sell your service over where people can get it for free... No more recommendations to you from me...

This seems to be a conflict of interest with an OpenCart Administrator selling their services and stopping the self-serve options. I guess posts will mysteriously disappear now...

Post by sculptex » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:34 pm

@Randem - I doubt your posts will disappear as long as you keep your comments civil.

I think you are making excellent contributions but please take on board QPhorias comments constructively, if you can pass the QPhoria test then your contributions will be 'bulletproof'!

I recall JNeuhoff's modification engine taking a critical battering from QPhoria but in fairness he took it constructively.

I totally agree that the upgrade path for oc leaves a lot to be desired, I am still holding off upgrading 2.0.3.1 to 2.1 and now 2.2 beta is waiting in the wings!

Maybe you should look further into github if you want to contribute to the whole community. That way your contributions would be incorporated into future releases.

ImageImage

Location - UK

Post by Randem » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:34 am

That could be but there are ways to handle "suggestions" and the way it was being done it is not the way...
One cannot possibly believe there is only one way to get something accomplished especially without trying what they oppose to witness proof of a claim... it does not matter if everyone agrees with it, one thing should hold true "Does it work and Is it helping others while not attempting to take advantage of them?" That is what Matters.

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:47 am

Randem wrote:WOW!!! You will stop at nothing to sell your service over where people can get it for free... No more recommendations to you from me...

This seems to be a conflict of interest with an OpenCart Administrator selling their services and stopping the self-serve options. I guess posts will mysteriously disappear now...
???

I'm not quite sure what I did to offend you, I am only offering some assistance on your script and some of the pitfalls that I've come across and I see those same pitfalls within your changes. I do 6-7 upgrades per week and have spent a lot of time perfecting my own version of the upgrade script along the way so I know from experience what changes are needed. I did not even try to sell anything in my post. I simply offered some recommendations on how to fix some of the potential holes in your script that I myself have also run into along the way. I'm not new at this. I can easily follow your script and I see you've corrected a lot of the problems, but I just found a few places that you may have overlooked.

You may not agree with my points but there are some obvious places that your changes won't work and will cause more confusion. No big deal, just trying to help. I thought this was an open forum where we could discuss the topic. My mistake. ::)

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:11 am

Randem wrote: One cannot possibly believe there is only one way to get something accomplished especially without trying what they oppose to witness proof of a claim... it does not matter if everyone agrees with it, one thing should hold true "Does it work and Is it helping others while not attempting to take advantage of them?" That is what Matters.
But I did try your script, and I submit that by using serialized data within a site that expects json_encoding will NOT work. It might be a minor error that is easily fixed by edit/save but I'm only offering my help. But the biggest one as I mentioned as the group/code column issue. That confused me for a few days before I figured it out and that still exists in your setup as well.

I also do not see why me offering a professional upgrade service implies I am taking advantage of people. By your logic, doctors are taking advantage of patients and instead they should be doing their own home surgeries. Sometimes you just want it done right. There is no harm in that.

Administrator

Post by Burt65 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:26 am

Doctors, Lawyers..... Qphoria...

;D

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by Randem » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:34 am

Added new thread of corrections for v2.2.0.x ... http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=159822

Post by Randem » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:03 pm

If anyone needs to upgrade to this version you can use the scripts here - http://www.randemsystems.com/support/op ... n-2-1-0-1/

Post by openweb » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:23 pm

it is good job thank you, can i use this file for oc 2.1.0.1 version? i dont want to make update to new version but i want to fix all bugs and isues in 2.1.0.1 version, this file can be used for it ?

thank you.

Post by Randem » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:05 am

There are several files on that page, but the changes file can be used to fix issues in v2.1.0.1