Post by art123 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to sync/link two Opencart stores, so if a product is sold on Store A, the stock quantity is subtracted from both Store A and Store B?

For example, I have 10 'Product A's' remaining. A customer buys 2 'Product A's' from Store A. So, Store A now has 8 'Product A's' remaining, but Store B now also has 8 'Product A's' remaining as Store A and Store B's stock quantities are synced/linked.

Thanks

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:56 am

by default only, if you use the same DB, for both Shops.
Everything else would be Custom Work, and would require a Pro!
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by art123 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:37 am

Thanks for your reply.

How would I setup two Opencart stores to share the same database?

Thanks

Post by labeshops » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:43 am

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by art123 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:13 am

If I need to setup the databases to share the same database in order for their stock quantities to be synced/linked, how would I do this?

For example, when one product is sold on one store, the products quantities are subtracted from both stores.

Thanks

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:30 am

You only have ONE Stock, to deduct from, if you use one DB, for two shops.
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by art123 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:24 pm

How do I get the two Opencart shops to share the same database?

Because if I install two separate Opencart shops, they will both have their own database. So, how do I get them to share the same database. So, the stock quantities are synced/linked between the two shops.

Thanks

Post by labeshops » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:54 pm

Not when you use multistores. Multistores uses 1 admin area, 1 database and you can have as many storefronts running from it as you want to. See my link above on how to set it up and my stores in my signature for an example - I currently have more than 20 storefronts all running from a single opencart installation/admin/database. It is built into opencart - you just have to set up your additional stores following the instructions in my link above.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by gerstavros » Sun May 27, 2018 9:22 pm

labeshops wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:54 pm
Not when you use multistores. Multistores uses 1 admin area, 1 database and you can have as many storefronts running from it as you want to. See my link above on how to set it up and my stores in my signature for an example - I currently have more than 20 storefronts all running from a single opencart installation/admin/database. It is built into opencart - you just have to set up your additional stores following the instructions in my link above.
Is it possible to have multistores, and show the same products but with different description and options in every store?

Post by yodapt » Sun May 27, 2018 9:34 pm

About the descriptions, if each store has it's own language, you dont need anything. About the product options you need an extension for that.

I have done this before, you can PM me if you need it done.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com