Post by Freakshow » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:28 am

O'boy lost some money today
First i got the order in admin panel, and it all looks good, amount paid seems correct and well, happy with it!
So minutes later mail from PP come and telling me that "you have received payments from XX, and just briefly looking at it, i notice that the amount seems much smaller that order amount, so i double and triple check, and YES there is a difference ???
It seems customer have paid for the products alone, and somehow got a big shipping cost for free...I'm like WTF. :o It is the first time this have happen to me.

Browsing the event log i find this line:
PP_STANDARD :: TOTAL PAID MISMATCH! XX.00

Also, i can't seem to reproduce the error, i have tried many times with my own test user, shopping the same product and amount and then clicked complete the order, redirected to PP it all seem fine, correct products and the total amount.

What is going on?


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:52 am
Location - Norway

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 19, 2015 1:03 am

Post by Freakshow » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:47 am

Thanks for your reply, i read the thread you posted, and they are talking about basically some rounding issues, witch i dont have, in my case the product total was 4x product = NOK 99,50 ink. taxes witch i also got into my paypal account.
What i didnt get payed for at all was the shipping cost, it was simply left out in PP even if it showed correct in OC?
The shipping cost that i missed out on was like NOK 138,00

If i only had been so lucky that this was about some tiny rounding amount :)


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:52 am
Location - Norway

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:15 am

Did you ever check your different Settings, in relation to PayPal Payments, by use of the PayPal SANDBOX Function, to make sure, you set it all correctly, in your Shop !?

Ernie

Ernie's OpenCart v.1.5.6.5 LIGHT + V-Pro + OpenShop Admin v.1.75 Test Sites
http://www.bigmax.ch - http://www.opencart.li/shop/ - http://www.velomech.ch/cart/
Image


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland

Post by Freakshow » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:24 am

IP_CAM wrote:Did you ever check your different Settings, in relation to PayPal Payments, by use of the PayPal SANDBOX Function, to make sure, you set it all correctly, in your Shop !?

Ernie
Yes i did, when i opened the shop. Its been up and running for months without any problems. Just to be sure i checked when i added the latest mod, and found that it probably isn't the one causing problem as i have had 4 orders after install date, also of the 4 latest order only one had this issue, i have order the same product and amount with my test user, and completed checkout without any problems....so I'm kinda baffled.


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:52 am
Location - Norway

Post by deepvision » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:00 pm

Some time ago when I tested a problem with PayPal total mismatch (due to the rounding) I noticed the free shipping fee on the PayPal page. At first I thought it was some misconfiguration on my site. But when I went back to my site the fee was correct there and when I tried to checkout again PayPal also showed it right that time. I didn't pay much attention to it because I hunted another bug. Not sure what exactly caused it.

ImageImageImage


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 19, 2015 1:03 am

Post by Freakshow » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:32 am

deepvision wrote:Some time ago when I tested a problem with PayPal total mismatch (due to the rounding) I noticed the free shipping fee on the PayPal page. At first I thought it was some misconfiguration on my site. But when I went back to my site the fee was correct there and when I tried to checkout again PayPal also showed it right that time. I didn't pay much attention to it because I hunted another bug. Not sure what exactly caused it.
Sounds like some sort of freak event like the one i had. i haven't seen it happen again (so far)


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:52 am
Location - Norway

Post by deepvision » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:42 am

Here someone noticed that shipping cost was lost if customers logout and returned later.
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=147126

ImageImageImage


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 19, 2015 1:03 am

Post by Freakshow » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:03 am

deepvision wrote:Here someone noticed that shipping cost was lost if customers logout and returned later.
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=147126
That is spooky shit, but if it was something that happens often i guess the forum would lid up, thats at least what i tell myself atm :)


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:52 am
Location - Norway

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:56 am

he probably hacked the form value for shipping which is why you got the total mismatch.
Call him out on it.

OpenCart 2.0.x Mod Update Info

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Freakshow » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:59 am

Qphoria wrote:he probably hacked the form value for shipping which is why you got the total mismatch.
Call him out on it.
O0 Customer was an ol' lady, but y'll never know these days :)


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:52 am
Location - Norway

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:26 pm

Freakshow wrote:
Qphoria wrote:he probably hacked the form value for shipping which is why you got the total mismatch.
Call him out on it.
O0 Customer was an ol' lady, but y'll never know these days :)
You can't trust them elders these days... they are savvy enough these days:
http://empirenews.net/76-year-old-grand ... e-hacking/

OpenCart 2.0.x Mod Update Info

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Freakshow » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:24 am

Qphoria wrote:
Freakshow wrote:
Qphoria wrote:he probably hacked the form value for shipping which is why you got the total mismatch.
Call him out on it.
O0 Customer was an ol' lady, but y'll never know these days :)
You can't trust them elders these days... they are savvy enough these days:
http://empirenews.net/76-year-old-grand ... e-hacking/
Yeah, :) iv disabled the PP Std and started using PP Express Checkout (API) in hope that the ol' ladys can't hack /me ass no more O0 :laugh:


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:52 am
Location - Norway

Post by bhraqnet » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:07 pm


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Post by Freakshow » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:21 pm

bhraqnet wrote:http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=22893

This extension addresses the issue
for OC2031 would help :)


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:52 am
Location - Norway

Post by edgarcelso » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:45 pm

hi people, anyone know how to fix this error, in payments on paypal? i don't have coupon in my shop
please help
best regards

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:08 am

Post by edgarcelso » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:45 pm

hi people, anyone know how to fix this error, in payments on paypal? i don't have coupon in my shop
please help, version opencart is 2.3.0.2
best regards

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:08 am

Post by edgarcelso » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:26 am

edgarcelso wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:45 pm
hi people, anyone know how to fix this error, in payments on paypal? i don't have coupon in my shop
please help, version opencart is 2.3.0.2
best regards
thank you very much

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:08 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests