Post by triunt » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:59 pm

I have been success to install opencart 2.0.1.1 by using 6 TLD domains become 6 stores.
When I log in in the one of store, then I try to buy a goods, then I log in on the another online store, goods inside the cart which I bought in previous store will raise in the next store, it's amazing so buyer can checkout through once of online stores only.
The problem is when I log in on the one of online stores, I wish it can log in to another online store automatically, in order that it needn't the repetition of log in, like when I log in on gmail will logged in on youtube automatically.
Where's the partial that I should change? is any some input to edit file 'session'? or Any another suggestion?
Need helping. Thank you.
Last edited by triunt on Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Belanja Online Indonesia

Post by deepvision » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:51 pm

System -> Settings -> Your Store -> Server tab -> Use Shared Sessions

It enables session information stored from the shopping cart to be shared between multiple domains/stores.

ImageImageImage

Post by triunt » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:56 pm

Thanks Deepvision, I had never realized there has session option.

I've enable it, but it seem not working for my site.
is there any requirement to make it work?

I also trying to use this change with some improvement -->

Code: Select all

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12066759/opencart-cart-across-multiple-stores-with-different-subdomains
but also not working.

I also clear browser cookies and delete caches in system folder before trying.
I use opencart 2.0.1.1

Belanja Online Indonesia

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:51 am

deepvision wrote:System -> Settings -> Your Store -> Server tab -> Use Shared Sessions

It enables session information stored from the shopping cart to be shared between multiple domains/stores.
The feature is designed to do this but it hasn't been fully implemented so it doesn't work.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by triunt » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:16 am

Oh! really?

hope someone who was succed applying this feature would share here.
I think this about configuration only, but I don't know too.

Thankyou Evolve webhosting for the answer.

Need suggestion for manual editing script, or help me to improve this tips -->

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12066759/opencart-cart-across-multiple-stores-with-different-subdomains
FYI : My stores aren't use subdomains, all of them using TLD domain.
Opencart 2.0.1.1

Thanks in advance.

Belanja Online Indonesia

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:30 am

triunt wrote:Oh! really?

hope someone who was succed applying this feature would share here.
I think this about configuration only, but I don't know too.

Thankyou Evolve webhosting for the answer.

Need suggestion for manual editing script, or help me to improve this tips -->

FYI : My stores aren't use subdomains, all of them using TLD domain.
Opencart 2.0.1.1

Thanks in advance.
Have you checked the extension store? I've seen some in the past but I couldn't tell you how well they worked and I haven't looked for v2.0.x

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by triunt » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:03 am

Yes, I did, but nothing found, I think Opencart 2.0 still has limited number extension :'(

But It's ok, If anyone found how to fix it, very apreciated when explain here, is not urgent but it's makes my system not 100% easy to use.

Thankyou Evolvewebhosting, tell me also when you've clue to solve this in future.

Belanja Online Indonesia

Post by nikksan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:54 pm

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:51 am
deepvision wrote:System -> Settings -> Your Store -> Server tab -> Use Shared Sessions

The feature is designed to do this but it hasn't been fully implemented so it doesn't work.
To say something is not fully implemented means that something is done, yet it is not completed. The case with this option is a whole different story. The only thing that is implemented so far is the checkbox in the settings tab, that is it.
What is the point of having it if there it doesnt do anything?