Post by parcelscheaper » Thu May 21, 2015 5:19 am

I am using Version 1.5.6.4_rc

There is no forgotten password under the password field and I think that there used to be.

I have also tried using the link admin/index.php?route=common/forgotten but this just diverts to the login page.

Does anyone know how I can reset my password please?

I am using cpanel but i am a novice so i would need a step by step guide.

Thanks.

Post by OpenTeam » Thu May 21, 2015 9:34 pm

Hello,

The reason that forgotten password is not working is because "Allow Forgotten Password" has been disabled in "System > Settings"

You have 2 options but for both options, you will have to go to the database. Choose one among these 2:

1. Run this query (assuming that you are using 'oc_' prefix, else remove the 'oc_' in front of the table name in query)

Code: Select all

UPDATE oc_setting SET value= '1' where key = 'config_password'

2. Run this query to modify your password to "password" in the user table

UPDATE oc_user SET password= 'e1be1f718cb8d141a140016cc4efb0386f52ee1b', salt = 'e350fcb05' where username = 'admin'
Note that if you go through option 2, then after running the query, use the following credential to log into admin panel
username : admin
password: password

Hope it helps you.

Post by gcextreme » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:23 am

How do u "run" these? i am lost. Having an issue where there is no option to recover forgotten password.

Opencart Default Theme Version 3.0.3.8
www.gcextreme.com
Fergus Falls, Mn. USA
AAS Degree in E-Com Web Design Development
Old School: Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Photoshop

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:58 am

How do u "run" these? i am lost. Having an issue where there is no option to recover forgotten password.
Well, that's a so-called Database Query, and it needs to be 'run' on the Server HOST
Admin Panel, by use of the 'PHP MyAdmin' or 'MySql Admin' Tool, in the QUERY Subsection.
BUT make sure, that the Username has been 'admin' before, or change it in the Query Line
first, to 'match' it, or it will not do anything, if the Admin Username is a different one ;)
(which is usually the Case...!)
---
Admin access by Username 'admin'
DB Prefix: oc_ ( = oc_user )
Query Line Code:

UPDATE oc_user SET password= 'e1be1f718cb8d141a140016cc4efb0386f52ee1b', salt = 'e350fcb05' where username = 'admin'
New Admin Username = 'admin' (as before)
New Password = 'password'
---
Admin access by Username 'youradminname'
Query Line Code:

UPDATE oc_user SET password= 'e1be1f718cb8d141a140016cc4efb0386f52ee1b', salt = 'e350fcb05' where username = 'youradminname'
New Admin Username = 'youradminname' (as before)
---
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by sitara » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:45 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:58 am
Well, that's a so-called Database Query, and it needs to be 'run' on the Server HOST
Admin Panel, by use of the 'PHP MyAdmin' or 'MySql Admin' Tool, in the QUERY Subsection.
BUT make sure, that the Username has been 'admin' before, or change it in the Query Line
first, to 'match' it, or it will not do anything, if the Admin Username is a different one ;)
(which is usually the Case...!)
---
Admin access by Username 'admin'
Query Line Code:

New Admin Username = 'admin' (as before)
---
Admin access by Username 'youradminname'
Query Line Code:

UPDATE oc_user SET password= 'e1be1f718cb8d141a140016cc4efb0386f52ee1b', salt = 'e350fcb05' where username = 'youradminname'
New Admin Username = 'youradminname' (as before)
---
Ernie

I did but it's not working.