Post by johan019 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:54 pm

I've been trying to edit footer.tpl since yesterday but changes won't take effect. Since it been like 24 hours I've written server delays off. Actually deleted footer.tpl in common-folder and uploaded the one I change but still nothing.

I added a couple of div classes for example but when you inspect elements in chrome I dont see them..very frustrating.

Happened to anyone else?
Last edited by johan019 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by paulewhite » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:42 pm

Actually no, I have edited both header.tpl and footer.tpl several times and the changes have been displayed imemdiately.

Have you tried opening the website with a different browser to skip possible cache effects?

And ... if you are using a different theme from standard, are you sure you have edited the correct files?

Paolo

Location - Milano (Italy)

Post by viethemes » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:49 pm

It seems that the file is modified by OCMOD extension. If you change that file, you should go to admin > Extensions > Modifications > click on the Refresh button to rebuild modifications.

http://www.viethemes.com - OpenCart turtorials, news, tips and stricks, extension

Our extensions:
Visual Theme Editor - Powerful tool for customizing style of any theme visually
Live Theme Editor - Customize layout, colors, backgrounds, fonts of the default theme
Theme Animation - Animation Editor for any theme

Extra Positions PRO, Custom JavaScript, Custom CSS and others

Post by johan019 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:09 am

Thank you both, OCMOD did it! Not used to it. ;)

Post by pex48 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem. I've gone to Modifications - Extensions and clicked on refresh after uploading the file (upload is successful). It still doesn't show the changes. When I download the file from the server again, the change has been reverted.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Using 2.0.3.1