Post by smashrc » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi,

Just found out my site is missing category menu when viewing in mobile device. Because I have removed the category at the top menu and added a category box on the left column. When viewing in PC, it is fine but viewing in the mobile device then the category menu disappeared.

I have like 20 categories, it is not very possible to show all the categories in the top menu, at least it looks ugly.

Let says I cannot decrease the number of categories, what would be the best solution in this situation? I would like to have 20 categories while able to show in mobile device. I don't see there is any add on that will fix my situation. thanks a lot for you help

Post by labeshops » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:00 am

How do you have your mobile version set up? An app or a different template or what?

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by smashrc » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:17 pm

Hello,

I am using 2.0.0.0 with default template. thanks

Post by viethemes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:55 pm

You can try this solution.

http://www.viethemes.com - OpenCart turtorials, news, tips and stricks, extension

Our extensions:
Visual Theme Editor - Powerful tool for customizing style of any theme visually
Live Theme Editor - Customize layout, colors, backgrounds, fonts of the default theme
Theme Animation - Animation Editor for any theme

Extra Positions PRO, Custom JavaScript, Custom CSS and others

Post by smashrc » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:37 pm

viethemes: Thank you so much for your help. i see the left column is now able to display in mobile device. I found:

1. Product page does not show left column
2. As I have 20 category, i should use pull down menu instead show all in mobile view.

Anyway, thanks so much.

Post by smashrc » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:29 pm

anybody can help on this?

Post by BadgesOnboard » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:05 am

Hi there,
I have the same issue with this as I too have 20 Categories ....I've installed the java fix from Vei but now the products are at the bottom and the categories are at the top.... this would be fantastic on a mobile if I could have the products first on the screen followed by the category instead of a mobile screen filled with the categories and lots of scrolling to get to the products