Post by satyajit » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:48 am

Hello friends,
i need another help.
I just thinking , say i have a store with multi store setup.

Now i m setting up multi store as city
say cityone.store,com , citytwo.store.com, citythree.store.com
Now as by default in multi store will create sitemap,contact page etc for each store, what will be the seo effect ?

Post by Dhaupin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:57 am

Its the same SEO effect as running those stores separately as subdomains....Google sees subdomains as just another part of the url, so they would all fall under the main domain realm. Its up to you whether you tell Google to verify each individually or to roll with defaults and let it assume its 1 realm.

Its also your choice whether you want to share content like categories, products, and information just as with separated stores.

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by satyajit » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:01 am

is this possible to hide contact/sitemap ?

Post by Dhaupin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:17 am

satyajit wrote:is this possible to hide contact/sitemap ?
Hmm yes def possible, the easiest way may be with htaccess to 301/302 a request from a multistore to the main store

Example: "cityone.store.com/contact", "citytwo.store.com/contact", and "citythree.store.com/contact" would 301/302 to the main "www.store.com/contact". You could do the same with sitemap.

Or if you wanted to hide contact completely on multi store you could forward them to their respective multi store homepage. This way contact/sitemap is never accessible even if its enabled (except for main store)

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA